|This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (January 2014)|
|Key people||D. Craig Young, CEO|
|Products||Voice, Ethernet, Data, MPLS, Security, Cloud Hosting|
MegaPath Corporation—is a business communications expert that provides a full range of nationwide voice, data, security, and cloud services to businesses since 1996. It is headquartered in Pleasanton, California and operates one of the largest end-to-end communications networks in the United States. In 2010, MegaPath combined Speakeasy‘s voice expertise, Covad’s enormous network footprint, and MegaPath’s sophisticated portfolio of MPLS and managed services to form a single company– which continues to be named MegaPath - providing a full range of data, voice, cloud, and security to the carrier and service-provider markets.
Timeline and Acquisitions
1996: MegaPath was founded
MegaPath's Nationwide IP Network Backbone
MegaPath is one of the largest facilities-based telecom providers in the United States. The MegaPath network is a nationwide, MPLS-enabled, all-optical IP network that serves over 235 U.S. metro markets. The company offers Internet connectivity services including Ethernet, T1 and Bonded T1, DSL, wireless, and cable. Its network is privately managed and provides last mile connection, multi-layered security, and redundancy.
MegaPath’s Voice Services
MegaPath offers nationwide Hosted Voice solutions for single-site and multi-site businesses. Its Voice services support advanced calling features including Find Me/Follow Me, Visual Voicemail, Call Recording and Mobile Integration. MegaPath Hosted Voice eliminates the costs and complexity of managing and maintaining a PBX. Its SIP Trunking and Enterprise Trunking services enable customers to gain the features of VoIP while leveraging their existing PBX equipment.
In July 2014, MegaPath announced a partnership with CounterPath Corporation to deliver CounterPath Bria desktop, tablet and mobile UC solutions through MegaPath’s Hosted Voice service. The Unified Communications features include screen-sharing collaboration, text messaging, fixed-mobile convergence, and video conferencing.
MegaPath’s Cloud Services
MegaPath’s Managed Security Services
MegaPath offers security services such as Private Networking, which includes MPLS, IPsec and SSL VPN services for connecting geographically distributed and mobile workforces. MegaPath also provides Unified Threat Management services which include anti-virus and anti-spyware protection, intrusion detection, and web filtering. The company also provides Compliance Services that solves log, vulnerability, and security information management issues, such as PCI compliance.
MegaPath is a Level One PCI Compliant Service Provider and an active member of the PCI Security Standards Council.
Awards and Recognition
February 2014: Dan Foster is named one of the 2014 Channel Chiefs
January 2014: TMCnet, 2014 Internet Telephony Award for Hosted Voice 
February 2013: Dan Foster is named one of the 2013 Channel Chiefs
February 2013: MegaPath received 2013 Better Business Bureau Accreditation 
February 2012: Dan Foster is named one of the 2012 Channel Chiefs 
August 2011: MegaPath is recognized for a 2011 Pilothouse Award 
It is headquartered in Pleasanton, California and operates one of the largest end-to-end communications networks in the United States.
In 2012, MegaPath completed an aggressive nationwide Ethernet over Copper (EoC) network expansion, solidifying its position as one of the largest EoC providers in the United States.
In July 2014, MegaPath announced a partnership with CounterPath Corporation to deliver CounterPath Bria desktop, tablet and mobile UC solutions through MegaPath’s Hosted Voice service. The Unified Communications features include screen-sharing collaboration, text messaging, fixed-mobile convergence, and video conferencing. 
- MegaPath Corporate Overview
- BusinessWire: MegaPath, Covad, Speakeasy Merger Closes
- MegaPath acquires Epoch Networks, October 16, 2002. Bloomberg
- MegaPath acquires TManage, September 16, 2003. CRN
- MegaPath Acquires Aventail, June 14, 2007, The Seattle Times
- MegaPath acquires IP Merchant Solutions, August 18, 2008. Businesswire
- MegaPath acquires DSL.net, December 24, 2009. Bloomberg
- Covad and Speakeasy Merge with MegaPath, September 1, 2010. Channel Partners Online
- MegaPath acquires IP5280, January 26, 2012. VoIP-Catalog.com
- FierceTelecom: MegaPath Among Largest Ethernet over Copper Players
- MegaPath Jumps Into Unified Communications, June 11, 2014. Channel Partners Online
- 2014 TA Awards Program Information, March 3, 2014. Telecom Association
- 2014 Channel Chiefs, February 24, 2014. CRN.com
- TMCnet, 2014 Internet Telephony Award for Hosted Voice, January 16, 2014. TMCNet.com
- 2012 Communications Solutions Product of the Year Award, August 27, 2013. TMCNet.com
- MegaPath received 2013 Internet Telephony Excellence Award, August 21, 2013. TMCNet.com
- Dan Baldwin, 2012 Telecom Association Partners Choice Award, February 26, 2013, Telecom Association
- 2013 Channel Chiefs, February 15, 2013. CRN.com
- 2013 Better Business Bureau Accreditation, February 4, 2013. Better Business Bureau
- 2012 Internet Telephony Excellence Award, September 6, 2012. TMCNet.com
- 2012 Internet Telephony Product of the Year Award, December 21, 2012. TMCNet.com
- 2012 Channel Chiefs, February 2012. CRN.com
- 2011 Internet Telephony Product of the Year Award, January 4,2012. TMCnet.com
- 2011 Internet Telephony Excellence Award, October 7, 2011. TMCnet.com
- 2011 Phone+ Top 50 Channel Partner, August 24, 2011. Channel Partners Online
- 2011 Pilothouse Award, August 2, 2011. Nemertes Research
- 2011 Network Product Guide Awards, May 31, 2011. TMCnet.com