|Florida State vs. Oklahoma State (37–31)|
The Cowboys Classic is an annual college football game played on the opening weekend of the college football season in Arlington, Texas at AT&T Stadium (formerly Cowboys Stadium) where the Dallas Cowboys play. The Cowboys Classic usually kicks off ABC's Saturday Night Football schedule.
|Date||Winning team||Losing team||Attendance|
|September 5, 2009||#20 BYU Cougars||14||#3 Oklahoma Sooners||13||75,437|
|September 4, 2010||#6 TCU Horned Frogs||30||#24 Oregon State Beavers||21||46,138|
|September 3, 2011||#3 LSU Tigers||40||#4 Oregon Ducks||27||87,711|
|September 1, 2012||#2 Alabama Crimson Tide||41||#8 Michigan Wolverines||14||90,413|
|August 31, 2013||#12 LSU Tigers||37||#20 TCU Horned Frogs||27||80,230|
|August 30, 2014||#1 Florida State Seminoles||37||Oklahoma State Cowboys||31||61,521|
Rankings are from the AP Poll.
The inaugural Cowboys Classic featured the No. 20 BYU Cougars of the Mountain West Conference (MWC) against the No.3 Oklahoma Sooners of the Big 12 Conference and was played on September 5, 2009. It was the first college football game played at Cowboys Stadium. The game was only the second game played by BYU and Oklahoma, with the Cougars upsetting the Sooners 14–13.
The second Cowboys Classic matched the No. 24 Oregon State Beavers of the Pacific-12 Conference and the No. 5 TCU Horned Frogs of the Mountain West Conference (MWC) on September 4, 2010. The Horned Frogs defeated the Beavers 30–21 in front of series low crowd of 46,138.
The third edition paired the No. 4 Oregon Ducks of the Pac-12 Conference against the No. 3 LSU Tigers of the Southeastern Conference (SEC) and was played on September 3, 2011, with the Tigers winning 40–27.
No. 8 Michigan Wolverines of the Big Ten Conference played No. 2 Alabama Crimson Tide of the Southeastern Conference (SEC) on September 1, 2012, the first regular-season meeting between the teams. Alabama won 41–14 in front of an event record attendance of 90,413.
The fifth playing of the Cowboys Classic matched the No. 12 LSU Tigers of the Southeastern Conference (SEC) and the No. 20 TCU Horned Frogs of the Big 12 Conference and was played on August 31, 2013. The Tigers bested the Horned Frogs 37–27.
The sixth edition featured the Florida State Seminoles of the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) and the Oklahoma State Cowboys of the Big 12 Conference, and was played on August 30, 2014 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. It was the fifth meeting between Florida State and Oklahoma State, with the Seminoles leading the series 3-1. The No. 1 Seminoles defeated the unranked Cowboys 37–31 in front of a crowd of 62,521.
- September 5, 2015: Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Wisconsin Badgers
- September 3, 2016: USC Trojans vs. Alabama Crimson Tide
- September 2, 2017: Michigan Wolverines vs. Florida Gators
- September 1, 2018: LSU Tigers vs. Miami Hurricanes
- "Brigham Young Cougars vs. Oklahoma Sooners Box Score". ESPN. Retrieved 2009-10-12.
- "Oregon State Beavers vs. TCU Horned Frogs Box Score". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2010-09-04.
- "Oregon Ducks vs. LSU Tigers Box Score". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2011-09-03.
- "Michigan Wolverines vs. Alabama Crimson Tide Box Score". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2012-09-02.
- "LSU Tigers vs. TCU Horned Frogs Box Score". ESPN.com. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "Florida State Seminoles vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys Box Score". ESPN.com. Retrieved 26 September 2014.
- "Alabama Crimson Tide Football Schedules and Future Schedules". fbschedules.com. Retrieved February 26, 2012.