Buster Davis (wide receiver)
No. -- Free Agent
|Date of birth:October 2, 1985|
|Place of birth: New Orleans, Louisiana|
|High school: O.P. Walker High School|
|College: Louisiana State|
|NFL Draft: 2007 / Round: 1 / Pick: 30|
|Debuted in 2007 for the San Diego Chargers|
Career NFL statistics
Craig “Buster” Davis (born October 2, 1985) is an American football wide receiver he is currently a free agent in the National Football League. He was drafted by the San Diego Chargers in the first round of the 2007 NFL Draft. He played college football at Louisiana State.
Davis was rated the number one wide receiver in Louisiana and a national blue chipper as a senior at O.P. Walker High School. In his final year he caught 82 passes for 1,171 yards and 16 touchdowns leading his school to the 4A state championship game.
He was named an All-American by SuperPrep and ranked the No. 12 wide receiver in the country by Rivals.com. The Orlando Sentinel named Davis as a member of the All-Southern Team, he also made The Times-Picayune's Top 25 Blue-Chip list and Shreveport Times ' Top 20.
Davis enrolled in LSU in 2003. He was forced to compete for game time with an extremely talented Tigers receiving corp that helped lead LSU to a BCS National Championship. He caught 7 passes for 63 yards, most of which came in LSU's 49-10 victory over Louisiana Tech.
In Davis' sophomore year the Tigers failed to repeat their success of 2003. In spite of this Davis emerged as the Tiger's receiving leader with 43 catches for 659 yards. He scored his first touchdown in the Tigers 24-7 win over Vanderbilt.
Davis played in 11 of the Tigers games in 2005, starting 5. He ranked third on the team with 35 receptions, for 559 yards and 2 touchdowns. The high point of his season came in the Chick-fil-a Peach Bowl where he caught 5 passes for 99 yards and a touchdown in a win over Miami.
As a senior Davis doubled as a receiver and a punt returner. He finished the year with 56 catches for 834 yards and four touchdowns. He finished his career with four catches for 50 yards in the Sugar Bowl against Notre Dame in his home of New Orleans.
San Diego Chargers
On July 23, 2007, Davis agreed with the Chargers on a 5-year $11 million contract just before training camp.  If Davis played out the contract, it was worth $7.83 million with about $3.2 million in incentives. 
During his second season Davis only played in four games due to an injury. He finished the season with four receptions for 59 yards.
Davis was released by the Chargers on July 28, 2011. 
- Buster Davis #84 WR (1985-10-02). "Buster Davis Stats, Splits, News, Photos - LSU Tigers - NCAA College Football - ESPN". Sports.espn.go.com. Retrieved 2010-09-20.
- Wilson, Bernie (2007-07-23). "Davis, Chargers agree to deal". AP. Retrieved 2011-10-25.
- Acee, Kevin (2007-07-23). "San Diego Chargers - Chargers sign top picks Davis, Weddle". SignOnSanDiego.com. Retrieved 2010-09-20.
- Acee, Kevin (2011-07-28). "Buster Davis experiment officially over". SignOnSanDiego.com. Retrieved 2011-10-25.
- "Bills sign free-agent WR Buster Davis". ESPN.com. August 4, 2011. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- "AFC free-agent moves, by team". ProFootballWeekly.com. 2011-09-07. Retrieved 2011-10-25.