Craig Johnson (author)
Craig Johnson in 2011
|Born||Craig Allen Johnson
January 16, 1961
Huntington, West Virginia
|Genre||Mystery, Crime fiction, Detective, Western|
|Notable works||The Cold Dish, Death Without Company, Kindness Goes Unpunished, Another Man's Moccasins, The Dark Horse, Junkyard Dogs, Hell Is Empty|
Craig Allen Johnson (born January 16, 1961) is an American novelist and playwright. He lives in Ucross, near Sheridan, Wyoming, population 25. Johnson has written ten novels and a number of short stories.
His Sheriff Walt Longmire novels include The Cold Dish (first in the series) and The Dark Horse (which received starred reviews from Kirkus, Booklist, Publishers Weekly, and Library Journal, and was named one of Publishers Weekly's best books of the year in 2009). Two Longmire novels (The Dark Horse and The Cold Dish) were Dilys Award finalists, and another (Death Without Company) was named the Wyoming Historical Association's Book of the Year. Other Longmire novels to earn awards are Another Man's Moccasins (Western Writers of America Spur Award for best novel of 2008 and the Mountains and Plains award for fiction book of the year) and Hell is Empty (Library Journal's Mystery Novel of the Year).
Johnson was a board member of the Mystery Writers of America (MWA).
Walt Longmire Series (published by Viking unless noted otherwise)
- The Cold Dish (December 2004), Wyoming
- Death Without Company (March 2006), Wyoming
- Kindness Goes Unpunished (March 2007), Wyoming and Philadelphia
- Another Man’s Moccasins (May 2008), Wyoming
- The Dark Horse (May 2009), Wyoming
- Junkyard Dogs (May 2010), Wyoming
- Hell is Empty (May 2011), Wyoming
- Divorce Horse (eBook short story, April 2012)
- As the Crow Flies (May 2012)
- Christmas in Absaroka County (eBook short stories, Penguin, December 2012)
- Messenger, (short story, April 2013)
- A Serpent's Tooth (June 2013)
- Spirit of Steamboat (October 2013)
- Any Other Name (May 2014)
- Wait for Signs (October 2014)
- Munn, Patrick (March 2012). "A&E's New Drama Series Longmire to Premier June 3". TVWise. Retrieved June 10, 2012.
- Robert Seidman (June 4, 2012). "Network TV Press Releases: A&E's 'Longmire' Debuts as the Network's #1 Original Series Premiere of All Time with 4.1 Million Viewers + 'The Glades'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved June 10, 2012.
|Find more about Craig Johnson (author) at Wikipedia's sister projects|
|Definitions and translations from Wiktionary|
|Media from Commons|
|Quotations from Wikiquote|
|Source texts from Wikisource|
|Textbooks from Wikibooks|
|Learning resources from Wikiversity|
- "Longmire Series Premiere", A&E network
- "Craig Johnson makes crime pay", Los Angeles Times, July 20, 2008
- "Le cow-boy du Wyoming", le Nouvel Observateur, July 16, 2009
- "Television series based on Craig Johnson’s Wyoming sheriff in the works", The Buffalo Bulletin, July 26, 2010
- "With a Little Help from His Friends: The Functions of Diversity in Craig Johnson's Walt Longmire Series" by Rachel Schaffer, Clues: A Journal of Detection 28.2 (2010)