Craig Reid (footballer, born 1986)
|Date of birth||26 February 1986|
|Place of birth||Irvine, Scotland|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|TASS Thistle B.C.|
|2007–2008||→ Stirling Albion (loan)||13||(0)|
|2008–2012||Queen of the South||113||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20:27, 24 January 2015 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Craig Reid (born 26 February 1986) is a Scottish footballer who is currently playing for Scottish Premiership club Motherwell. Reid plays as a defender who can play at either right back or centre half.
Craig attended Ardrossan Academy.
Reid started his career as a youth player with Celtic from 2002 until 2007 but never made a first team appearance, after signing from Ardrossan boys club TASS Thistle. Celtic loaned him out to Stirling Albion during the first half of the 2007–08 season to gain some first team experience. Reid played in 13 league matches during his time at Forthbank Stadium.
Reid signed for Dumfries side Queen of the South in the January 2008 transfer window. Reid followed in the footsteps of another Irvine born footballer, George Hamilton, by playing for Queens, as did Reid's team mate at the time, Paul Burns.
Reid played for the Palmerston club in both legs of the Uefa Cup Qualifiers against Danish side FC Nordsjælland having missed out on the chance to play in the Scottish Cup Final against Glasgow Rangers the previous season due to the fact he was cup tied having played with Stirling Albion in a previous round of the competition whilst on loan from parent club Glasgow Celtic.
Reid has established himself in the first team of the Palmerston Park side during the 2009–10 season. He signed a new two-year contract extension with Queens on 23 April 2010 which now takes him through to May 2012. Reid said "I had no hesitation in 'signing on the dotted line' as Queens are a good club and well respected in Scottish football. We've a 'good dressing room' and there's a special togetherness there. We have belief in ourselves and that means such a lot. We're all pulling in the right direction!" Queens chairman Davie Rae added "I'm delighted Craig has signed a new contract as he's an important player for us. We have a strong pool of players now and 'Reidy' has played a big part in our success this season". 
Reid's first senior goal was the opener in the Challenge Cup semi final 2–1 win away at Peterhead on Saturday 9 October 2010 when he lashed home a loose ball inside the box.
On 23 April 2011, before the home match versus Cowdenbeath, Davie Rae presented Reid with a trophy in recognition of his century of appearances for the first team. Reid, however, did not complete the match due to receiving a red card.
On 18 October 2013, Reid re-signed for Morton until January 2014. He left the club upon expiry of his contract.
After training with the club during pre-season, Reid signed for Motherwell until the end of the season, on 21 February 2014. Reid made a major contribution by scoring the winning goal, in injury time, of the final fixture of the season to secure second place ahead of rivals Aberdeen. On 28 May 2014, he signed a new two-year contract with the club.
Queen of the South
- Scottish Challenge Cup: Runners-Up 2010–11
- Young Player of the Year: 2009–10
- Player of the Year: 2010–11
- 2 x Scottish Youth Cup: winners
- 3 x Scottish Youth League: winners
- 4 x Scottish Reserve League: winners
- "Craig Reid Q&A". gpfootball.com. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- Reid joins Queens from Celtic, BBC Sport, 1 February 2008.
- "Peterhead 1 – 2 Queen of the South" www.qosfc.com
- "Century up for Reid" www.qosfc.com 28 Apr 2011
- "Queen Of The South 2 – 2 Cowdenbeath" www.qosfc.com 23 April 2011
- Mitchell, Jonathan (16 July 2012). "Three new players on the books". Greenock Telegraph. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- Crowley, Kieran (24 July 2013). "Trialists impressed tonight". Coventry City F.C. Retrieved 25 July 2013.
- "Signing News – Craig Reid". Greenock Morton F.C. 18 October 2013. Retrieved 18 October 2013.
- "Motherwell sign Craig Reid". Motherwell F.C. 21 February 2014. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- "Motherwell clinch second spot from Dons". BBC. 11 May 2014. Retrieved 11 May 2014.
- "TV: Reid signs two-year deal". Motherwell F.C. 28 May 2014. Retrieved 28 May 2014.