Craig Richard Nelson
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2013)|
|Craig Richard Nelson|
Nelson at Mountain-Con III in 2007.
September 17, 1947 |
Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S.
Nelson was born in Salt Lake City, Utah and studied acting at the University of Utah and New York University's Tisch School of the Arts. After graduation he was cast in the Tony Award-winning Broadway musical Two Gentlemen of Verona.
A casting director saw him in that show and cast him in the Oscar winning film The Paper Chase as a mean-spirited law student. This led to a long career in film and television, including three Robert Altman films, A Wedding, 3 Women, and Quintet and an important role in the cult coming-of-age comedy My Bodyguard, as well as a reoccurring role as drama teacher Mr. Spacek on the 1980s television show Square Pegs.
- The Paper Chase (1973) - Willis Bell
- 3 Women (1977) - Dr. Maas
- A Wedding (1978) - Reedley Roots
- Quintet (1979) - Redstone
- My Bodyguard (1980) - Griffith
- A Small Circle of Friends (1980) - Harry Norris
- Honey, I Shrunk the Kids (1989) - Professor Fredrickson
- Paul Sand in Friends and Lovers (1974) - Mason Woodruff
- Fernwood 2 Night (1977) - Dr. Richard Osgood
- Maude (1977) - Guest Star
- The Grass is Always Greener over the Septic Tank (1978) - Hal Watson
- Carol Burnett & Company (1979) - Regular
- Square Pegs (1982) - Mr. Spacek
- The Golden Girls (1986) - Mr. Thurber (1 episode)
- Star Trek: The Next Generation (1990) - Krag
- Alien Nation (1989) - Attorney
- Get a Life (1990) - Hastings