|Origin||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Labels||Custard, Universal Motown, Universal Republic, Republic|
|Members||Antonio "Tony" Beliveau
|Past members||Jason Morris|
Crash Kings is an American rock band formed in Los Angeles, California in 2006. The members are vocalist-keyboardist Antonio "Tony" Beliveau, his brother and bassist Mike Beliveau, and drummer Tom Roslak. The band's self-titled debut album was released May 26, 2009 on Custard/Universal Motown. "Mountain Man", the band's first single, was released to U.S. modern rock radio stations in October, and entered Billboard's Alternative Songs chart the following month. The band is known for using analog keyboards such as the Clavinet with distortion effects and a whammy bar in place of a typical lead guitar.
A few months after the band's formation, the band drew the attention of rock musician, songwriter, and record producer Linda Perry, who met with vocalist/keyboardist Antonio Beliveau, and signed the group to her Custard Records label. After the band performed for Sylvia Rhone, president of Universal Music Group's Motown Records, Crash Kings were led to Dave Sardy, who produced the band's eponymous debut album for Custard/Universal Motown. Released on May 26, 2009, the album reached number 30 on Billboard's U.S. Top Heatseekers albums chart. The album's first single, "Mountain Man", entered the Billboard Alternative Songs chart in November and peaked at number one on March 28, 2010. The band has toured with such artists as Chris Cornell, Anberlin, Stone Temple Pilots, David Cook, Jet, The Bravery, Mason Jennings, and Rooney.
The band completed recording and released a new album titled Dark of the Daylight. The band had a great amount of difficulty releasing the album and turned to online crowd sourcing site Kickstarter in order to release it.
- Antonio Beliveau - Lead Vocals, Keyboards, Clavinet
- Mike Beliveau - Bass, Backing Vocals
- Tom Roslak - drums
|Year||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|2013||Dark of the Daylight|
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions||Album|
|2009||"Mountain Man"||1||32||13||54||2||2||Crash Kings|
|2010||"You Got Me"||19||—||48||—||—||—|
|2013||"Hot Fire"||—||—||—||—||—||—||Dark of the Daylight|
- "Rocking Hard Without Guitars" (Press release). Custard Records. Retrieved 2009-11-18.
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. "Crash Kings: Crash Kings > Review". Allmusic (Rovi Corporation). Retrieved 2010-03-08.
- On Oct 26 they will be performing on MTV Live "Crash Kings - Charts & Awards - Billboard Albums". Allmusic (Rovi Corporation). Retrieved 2009-11-18.
- "Crash Kings Album & Song Chart History". Billboard (Nielsen Company). Retrieved 2010-01-23.
- Sadof, David (2009-09-13). "Chris Cornell and Crash Kings' Pianist Tony Beliveau Perform 'Imagine' on Conan O'Brien". Examiner.com (Clarity Digital Group).
- Ross, Mike (2009-11-12). "STP a Tribute Act to Themselves". Edmonton Sun (Sun Media Corporation). Retrieved 2009-11-19.
- Grogan, Leigh (2009-08-21). "Idol's David Cook Headlines Opening Night of Fair". The Sacramento Bee (The McClatchy Company). Retrieved 2009-11-18.
- "The Bravery, The Dustys, and Crash Kings at - Events". The A.V. Club (The Onion). 2009-10-19. Retrieved 2009-11-18.
- "Crash Kings - 1 Lucky Winner Contest". Altsounds. 2009-08-12. Retrieved 2009-11-18.
- "Crash Kings, Rooney Tour Dates". IndependentMusic Blog. 2009-11-20. Retrieved 2009-12-17.
- "Crash Kings Album & Song Chart History". Billboard (Nielsen Business Media, Inc.). Retrieved 2010-03-25.