|Town of Crawford, Colorado|
Location in Delta County and the state of Colorado
|State||State of Colorado|
|Incorporated||December 19, 1910|
|• Type||Statutory Town|
|• Total||0.3 sq mi (0.7 km2)|
|• Land||0.3 sq mi (0.7 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||6,558 ft (1,999 m)|
|• Density||1,220/sq mi (522.9/km2)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|GNIS feature ID||0186721|
Crawford is located at .(200.704235, -107.610925)
As of the census of 2000, there were 366 people, 147 households, and 104 families residing in the town. The population density was 1,409.8 people per square mile (543.5/km²). There were 179 housing units at an average density of 689.5 per square mile (265.8/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 96.72% White, 1.64% from other races, and 1.64% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.19% of the population.
There were 147 households out of which 36.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 51.7% were married couples living together, 12.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 28.6% were non-families. 25.9% of all households were made up of individuals and 14.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.49 and the average family size was 2.88.
In the town the population was spread out with 30.3% under the age of 18, 5.7% from 18 to 24, 27.3% from 25 to 44, 21.3% from 45 to 64, and 15.3% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. For every 100 females there were 108.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 96.2 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $23,281, and the median income for a family was $27,500. Males had a median income of $37,917 versus $16,563 for females. The per capita income for the town was $13,284. About 23.5% of families and 29.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 45.8% of those under age 18 and 15.9% of those age 65 or over.
Joe Cocker, singer
- Outline of Colorado
- State of Colorado
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park
- "Active Colorado Municipalities". State of Colorado, Department of Local Affairs. Retrieved 2007-09-01.
- "Colorado Municipal Incorporations". State of Colorado, Department of Personnel & Administration, Colorado State Archives. 2004-12-01. Retrieved 2007-09-02.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- CDOT map of the Town of Crawford
- The Delta County Independent, the local community weekly covering Crawford and the rest of Delta County