Crazy Taxi: Catch a Ride
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2007)|
|Crazy Taxi: Catch a Ride|
|Developer(s)||Graphic State Games|
Crazy Taxi: Catch a Ride is the Game Boy Advance version of Crazy Taxi (of the Crazy Taxi series). It was developed by Graphic State Games and published by THQ. The game features two cities (one unlockable) and nine mini games in the Crazy Box mode. The four cabbies found in the original are also in this game.
Objective Much like the original Crazy Taxi, the main objective for the player is to make as much money as possible as a cab driver. The player selects one of two cities to play in where they maneuver around the city to find passengers for their cab. Players receive money based on; how fun the trip was for the passenger, hitting jumps within the map, driving close to traffic, drifting and how quickly the cab ride is accomplished.
Characters Players can choose from four characters, Axel, B.D. Joe, Gina and Gus.
Mini-Games Nine different Mini-games.
Save slots Cartridge saves allowing players to have multiple saves.
Crazy Taxi: Catch a Ride received generally negative ratings from critics with a 48/100 from Metacritic and a 40/100 from G4. A review from IGN wrote "Crazy Taxi: Catch a Ride is definitely a fun GBA game, but you have to work through the game's blocky graphics and very inconsistent, chuggy framerate."  The IGN analyst also said THQ developer's needed to use the strengths of the Game Boy Advance to bring the console design to the hand held, "instead of trying to recreate the exact experience in portable form." A reviewer from G4 wrote that Crazy Taxi: Catch a Ride is "on the jittery, crunchy, slow, and empty side."  Reviewers from 1UP.com Describes the game as an "awkward cramming of a Dreamcast game into a GBA cart from THQ." 
- "Crazy Taxi: Catch a Ride - IGN". Ca.ign.com. 2003-04-08. Retrieved 2013-05-13.
- Alan, Scott (2010-10-03). "Crazy Taxi: Catch a Ride - Overview". allgame. Retrieved 2013-05-13.
- "Crazy Taxi: Catch a Ride (2003) Game Boy Advance release dates". MobyGames. 2005-07-27. Retrieved 2013-05-13.
- "Crazy Taxi: Catch a Ride for Game Boy Advance Reviews". Metacritic. 2003-04-09. Retrieved 2013-05-13.
- "Crazy Taxi: Catch a Ride Videos and Trailers for GBA". G4tv. 2003-04-08. Retrieved 2013-05-13.
- "Crazy Taxi: Catch a Ride Critic Reviews for Game Boy Advance". Metacritic. 2003-04-09. Retrieved 2013-05-13.
- "Crazy Taxi: Catch a Ride for Game Boy Advance from". 1UP. Retrieved 2013-05-13.
|This racing game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This THQ-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|