|Directed by||John E. Hudgens|
|Produced by||John E. Hudgens|
|Written by||John E. Hudgens
|Distributed by||Z-Team Productions
|Running time||2 min.|
Crazy Watto is a two-minute-long fan film that made its debut on the internet in 2000. The film is a spoof of used car deal ads shown on television, featuring Watto from Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace . Watto offers up for sale familiar ships (and objects) such as an X-Wing with "genuine battle marks used in the Battle of Yavin" for $599.99 and an AT-AT for $999.99. Fans of other sci-fi shows notice that he auctions a Borg cube for $899.99, and also puts up ships from Star Trek and Captain Power for $29.99 each.
Crazy Watto played at the 2005 Cannes Film Festival, and is a popular fan film at many science fiction conventions. The film was originally hosted by TheForce.Net, but is now part of The Official Star Wars Fan Film Awards on AtomFilms.
- Pickle, Betsy. "Crazy Watto striking deals at Cannes". Retrieved 2008-12-14.
- "Crazy Watto review". Retrieved 14 December 2008.
- "Star Wars Fans to Play Cannes". Animation Magazine. Retrieved 14 December 2008.
- "TFN FanFilms - Short Films - Crazy Watto". Retrieved 2009-06-26.
- Crazy Watto at the Internet Movie Database
- Crazy Watto at Z-Team Productions
- Crazy Watto at Atomfilms
|This Star Wars-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|