CreamwareAudio Modular III
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (December 2007)|
CreamwareAudio Modular III is a modular synthesizer running on DSPs (digital signal processors, a type of computer chip designed for signal processing), as part of the software environment provided for the Creamware 'Scope' line of sound cards. It has a huge and increasing number of modules covering all aspects of sound synthesis, designed by Creamware Audio GmbH and by other designers.
The Creamware Modular Synthesizer has gone through a number of revisions, each adding more modules and greater functionality. The first version was more or less a 'pure' recreation of a traditional hardware modular synth. The later revisions (versions 2 and 3) have taken greater advantage of the fact that a software implementation can have elements not available to in hardware, such as the ability to provide bespoke user interfaces, and have also added a large number of new modules with each release.
A number of 3rd party developers have also created modules for Version 2 and 3 of the software, and the total number of modules available for this system is in the hundreds.
- http://www.sonic-core.net/en/home/xite.html - Sonic Core - Former Creamware engineers who are now building the Xite-1, a new generation of Scope hardware and software
- http://www.creamware.com/ - Creamware Audio, makers of the DSP cards and OS
- http://www.deviceplug-ins.com/ - Free Plug-ins and fully featured EQ and compressors since 1999 by Simon Ayton
- http://www.adern.com/ - creators of Flexor, hi-end 3rd party modules for the Creamware modular
- http://www.johnbowen.com/ - high-end 3rd party modules for Creamware systems
- http://www.modularsynth.co.uk/ - devoted to the Creamware modular
- http://www.cwmodular.org/ - dedicated to the Creamware Modular Synthesizer
- http://www.planetz.com/forums/ - the [unofficial] Creamware user forums