|License||Free & Paid Subscriptions|
Creately is diagramming and design software operated by Cinergix, Pty Ltd. It is a cloud-based diagram tool built on Adobe's Flex/Flash technologies and provides a visual communication platform for virtual teams. It can be used to create info-graphics, flowcharts, Gantt charts, organisational charts, website wireframes, UML designs, mind maps, circuit board designs, doodle art and many other diagram types. It features a drag-and-drop WYSIWYG interface and easy to use collaboration capabilities. Their main product is a browser-based application with support for all modern web browsers like Firefox, Safari, Chrome and Opera browser. For people who prefer offline diagramming they provide a desktop software which runs on Microsoft Windows, Mac OS and Linux.
Cinergix, a Melbourne, Australia based start-up founded by Chandika Jayasundara, Nick Foster, Hiraash Thawfeek and Karamjit Singh Jhooti. Creately first announced its visual collaboration platform in September 2008 at DEMO fall 08 as a private beta version.
Creately was made commercially available to the public in September 2009 with a unique "Pay What You Want" price. This was intended to be a 2-week pricing experiment. In November 2009, Creately announced fixed price plans and in January 2010 released the findings of this pricing experiment on their blog.
Although Creately entered the market as web based diagram software it has expanded their product range to include desktop software and diagram plugins for some popular platforms. Below are some of their products
- Creately desktop
- Confluence diagram plugin
- Twisted Gorilla diagram plugin
- Fogbugz diagram plugin
Creately is also available in Chrome web store and Google app marketplace.
Awards and accolades
- Top 10 apps in Asia 2010
- Silver medal in National Best Quality Software Awards
- Phil Glockner (11 May 2009). "Creately Combines Chart Smarts with Collaboration". ReadWriteWeb.
- Leena Rao (3 September 2009). "Creately Releases Its Simple Diagramming And Design Tool To The Masses". TechCrunch.
- David Neal (4 September 2009). "Creately Combines Chart Smarts with Collaboration". The Inquirer.
- Chandika (4 September 2010). "Beta Over - Creately Launches New Plans". Creately Blog.
- Karamjit Singh Jhooti (10 January 2010). "How Much to Charge for your Web App". Creately Blog.
- "Desktop diagram software".
- "Confluence diagram plugin by Creately".
- "JIRA diagram plugin by Creately".
- "Fogbugz diagram plugin by Creately".
- List of Concept Mapping Software
- List of Mind Mapping Software
- Online Diagramming
- Diagramming Software