Creating Resources for Empowerment in Action
Creating Resources for Empowerment in Action (CREA) is an organization based in Delhi and the United States that promotes women's human rights and sexual rights for all people. They focus on increasing access to information and resources, providing leadership training, and advocating for social and policy changes to support women in the global south.
CREA was founded in 2000 in India and in 2001 in the United States.
CREA organizes a number of international workshops and conferences promoting women's leadership and sexuality and gender rights.
Some examples of the workshops and institutes they organize:
- The Feminist Leadership and Movement Building Institute
- a week-long course "designed to strengthen feminist leadership, strategies and collective power for social transformation in Africa".
- 1st Institute -- 2008, in Entebbe, Uganda
- 2nd Institute -- April 2010, co-sponsored with Akina Mama wa Afrika in Kampala, Uganda.
- The Global Sexuality, Gender and Rights Institute
- 1st Institute -- February 2007, in New Paltz, New York 
- 4th Institute: Exploring Theory and Practice -- June, 2010, in Istanbul, Turkey
- The Disability, Sexuality and Rights online training workshop
- From an announcement on their announcement list
- From the original CREAworld page
- See also the homepage of the Sexuality and Rights Institute.
- From a brief OSI bio. Misra also co-edited Sexuality, Gender and Rights: Exploring Theory and Practice in South and Southeast Asia (2005).
- From the CREAworld people pages. Retrieved April 2, 2010.
|This article related to a non-profit organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|