|Motto||The Sector Skills Council for the Creative Industries|
|Legal status||Non-profit company and registered charity (1015324)|
Creative Skillset is the Sector Skills Council which supports skills and training for the UK creative industries.
It was founded 1992 and is jointly funded by industry and government. In April 2010, SkillFast, the former sector skills council for fashion became part of SkillSet.
As of 1 April 2012 the organisation changed its name from Skillset to Creative Skillset to better reflect the work it does with 65% of the UK's creative industries.
The industries covered include:
- Computer games
- Fashion and textiles
- Other content creation (such as pop promos and corporate production)
- Interactive media
- Photo imaging
Other offices include
- Creative Skillset Cymru, 33-35 West Bute Street, Cardiff, CF10 5LH
- Creative Skillset Scotland, 249 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 4QE
- Creative Skillset Northern Ireland, 3rd Floor Alfred House, 21 Alfred Street, Belfast BT2 8ED
Creative Skillset is a strategic organisation meaning that they develop and fund skills solutions as opposed to delivering them directly.
Creative Skillset's main purpose covers three main areas:
- Firstly, to research where the skills gaps and shortages exist within the creative media industries, then raise funding from the industry and Government to deliver solutions to address these problems.
- Secondly, to inform and influence training provision and qualification development for the competitive benefit of the creative industries.
- Lastly, to ensure those entering the industry are well prepared by realistic careers information and advice and that those in the industry are able to update and develop their skills throughout their careers.
Their work can be subdivided as follows:
- Company Support
Creative Skillset undertake this work across all the Nations and Regions of the UK.