Creature from the Black Lagoon (pinball)
|Creature from the Black Lagoon|
|Release date||December 1992|
|System||Midway WPC (Fliptronics II)|
|Voices||Matt Booty, Paul Heitsch, Jeff Johnson, Allison Quant|
Creature from the Black Lagoon is a pinball machine designed by John Trudeau ("Dr. Flash") and released by Midway (under the Bally brand name). It is loosely based on the movie of the same name. The game's theme is 1950's drive-in theater. Its major feature is a holographic creature, set in the middle of the playfield, that lights up and waves its "hand" back and forth during multiball play. The holograph is set behind a green plastic insert, so that the monster appears green. The game was licensed from Universal Studios by Bally so that the backglass artwork, the cabinet artwork, and the creature looked like the original movie actors and monsters.
There were five 1950's songs put in the game. These are:
- Rock Around the Clock
- Get a Job
- Summertime Blues
- Willie and the Hand Jive
- Red River Rock (Johnny and the Hurricanes version)
All of the songs are instrumental versions, except for Red River Rock, which was originally an instrumental. The songs are played by the game's sound hardware.
Creature from the Black Lagoon is available as licensed table of The Pinball Arcade for several platforms. Due to licencing issues however only three of the five songs have been kept intact for this version.
- Internet Pinball Database entry for Creature from the Black Lagoon
- Pinball Archive Rule Sheet: Creature from the Black Lagoon
- Interview with the Creature from the Black Lagoon team, part 1 archived article at Wayback Machine
- Interview with the Creature from the Black Lagoon team, part 2 archived article at Wayback Machine
|This pinball article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|