Creatures of the Night (song)
|"Creatures of the Night"|
|Single by Kiss|
|from the album Creatures of the Night|
|Released||April, 1983 (UK)|
|Recorded||Record Plant Studios,
Los Angeles, 1982
|Writer(s)||Paul Stanley, Adam Mitchell|
|Kiss singles chronology|
"Creatures of the Night" is a song by the American hard rock band Kiss, released as the first single from their 1982 album "Creatures of the Night". It was only released in the United Kingdom, where it reached #34. The song was written by Paul Stanley and Adam Mitchell in Mitchell's kitchen. It's not clear who plays what on the track but it is assumed that bass wasn't played by Gene Simmons but Mike Porcaro who would later play with American rock band Toto. Lead guitar unsurprisingly wasn't played by Ace Frehley as he wasn't musically involved with the album and it wasn't played by Vinnie Vincent either; it was played by Steve Farris. Adam Mitchell also played in the final version of the song, replacing Paul Stanley on rhythm guitar in the middle and in the end of the song.
"Creatures of the Night" was performed during the Creatures of the Night Tour and Lick It Up Tour as an opening song and moved to the middle of the set on the Animalize Tour before being dropped from the set-list on the upcoming three tours and then again included in the set-list for the Revenge Tour and Kiss My Ass Tour, as an opening track, again.
"Creatures of the Night" has appeared on following Kiss albums:
- Creatures of the Night - original studio version
- Alive III - live version
- Chikara - remixed version
- The Box Set - studio version
- The Best of Kiss, Volume 2: The Millennium Collection - studio version
"Creatures of the Night" cover:
- Iced Earth covered "Creatures of the Night" for their cover album Tribute to the Gods
- Kefren's version is featured on 1997 self-titled album
- Depravity was the first band to cover "Creatures of the Night", in 1991 on a six track demo tape "Galvanizer"
- Saxorior covered "Creatures of the Night" for their 2008 album "Völkerschlacht"
- Paul Stanley - rhythm guitar, lead vocals
- Gene Simmons - backing vocals
- Eric Carr - drums, backing vocals
- Mike Porcaro - bass guitar
- Steve Farris - lead guitar
- Adam Mitchell - rhythm guitar
|UK Singles Chart||34|
- "Songwriting credits". Retrieved January 8th, 2011.
- "Who probably play what on Creatures of the Night song". Retrieved January 8th, 2011.
- "Kiss related recordings;Creatures of the Night covers". Retrieved March 23rd, 2011.