|Genre||Real estate advisory|
Number of locations
|50+ in North America|
|Jim Leslie (CEO), David Prevé (Chairman of the Board), Ed Fothergill (CFO)|
Number of employees
Cresa is an international commercial real estate firm headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Cresa represents tenants and provides real estate services, including corporate services; strategic planning; transaction management; project management; facilities management; workforce and location planning; portfolio/lease administration; capital markets; supply chain management; sustainability; and sublease and distribution.
Cresa was founded in 1993 when Avalon Partners, headed by Bill Goade, formed an alliance with three other commercial real estate firms: Prevé, Liberatore, & Barton in Miami; Cooper/Brady in San Jose and Palo Alto;Tanguay, Burke, Stratton in Chicago and Metrospace of Los Angeles. The firms averaged 20-year histories in their respective markets before joining together as the CresaPartners Alliance and all focused on the growing niche of tenant representation.
By 1995, Cresa had grown to 30 cities. In 1998, the organization changed its structure from an alliance to that of an LLC, similar to large consulting firms, and took on the CresaPartners LLC name, expanding further to 48 offices. In 2008, with 50 North American offices, Cresa became one of the largest tenant representation commercial real estate firms in North America.
In 2011, Cresa expanded with new or expanded offices in Northern New Jersey, Houston, Texas, and Albany, New York, and also formed a strategic partnership with Savills to offer international representation.
Cresa includes more than 55 North American offices and over 800 employees. The firm is a privately held, with more than one-quarter of employees serving as partners.
Cresa has received multiple awards and has been included on top achievement lists, including Site Selection’s Service Provider of the Year, American Business Journals’ Best Places to Work, INC. 5000, and Realcomm’s “Top Ten Most Innovative Brokerage Firms.” Several Cresa offices have been consistently honored with Best Places to Work recognition.
In 2010, Cresa was certified as a "Sustainable Business Leader", having completed the Sustainable Business Leader Program (SBLP) -- a program of the Sustainable Business Network (SBN) that provides guidance, support and technical assistance to facilitate the "greening" of small and medium-sized businesses.
United Space Alliance awarded Cresa its 2010 Small Business of the Year award for the firm’s work in developing USA’s “workplace of the future” office standards.
Jim Leslie was appointed CEO in May 2012; he previously served as president and chief operating officer of the Staubach Company, a tenant representation firm that was acquired by Jones Lang LaSalle in 2008.
David J. Prevé is the Chairman of the Board of Cresa LLC and is a Founding Principal of CresaPartners in December 1998. Previously he was one of the three Founding Partners of Prevé Liberatore & Barton in 1988.
- Jones, David. "Cresa Partners teams with Whitman Realty". New York City Real Estate News. The Real Deal. Retrieved January 3, 2008.
- McEver, Melissa. "CresaPartners merges with Gibson & Granello". Houston Business Journal. Retrieved September 2, 2011.
- Churchill, Chris. "Conley Associates joins with national firm". Albany Times Union. Retrieved May 20, 2011.
- "CresaPartners, Savills form partnership". WBJ Quick News. Washington Business Journal. Retrieved May 6, 2011.
- "Business Journal announces Best Places to Work for 2010". American Business Journals. Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal. Retrieved July 16, 2010.
- "2010 Inc. 5000 Company Profile: Cresa Partners". Inc. Retrieved 2010.
- "Top 10 Most Innovative Brokerage Firms in North America!". Realcomm. Retrieved 2/12/2003. Check date values in:
- "Boston Companies Go Green". Sustainable Business Leader Program. Retrieved 2010-2-25. Check date values in:
- "United Space Alliance Honors Suppliers". United Space Alliance. Retrieved July 29, 2011.
- Hughes, Jennifer. "Cresa Names Next CEO". National Real Estate Investor. Retrieved May 4, 2012.
- Davis, Karen. "Real Estate Florida Names 25 Top Brokers". B.I.R. Building Intelligence. Retrieved November 11, 2008.