||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (July 2012)|
Crescent Dragonwagon (nee Ellen Zolotow, November 25, 1952, New York City) is an author, writer, teacher, and performer. She has written fifty books, including two novels, seven cookbooks, more than twenty children's books, and a collection of poetry.
Dragonwagon and her late husband, Ned Shank, owned Dairy Hollow House, a country inn and restaurant in the Ozark Mountain community of Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Dragonwagon later co-founded the non-profit Writer's Colony at Dairy Hollow. She lives in southeastern Vermont. Her partner is the filmmaker David Koff.
In 1993, Dragonwagon won the Name of the Year award. In 2010, the Dragonwagon Regional was named after her. Dragonwagon is also rumored to be a personal chef for the Name of the Year High Committee.
- The Commune Cookbook. 1972. ISBN 0-671-21152-8.
- The Bean Book. 1972. ISBN 0-911104-16-X.
- Dairy Hollow House Cookbook, 1992
- Dairy Hollow House Soup & Bread: A Country Inn Cookbook. 1992. ISBN 0-89480-751-X., nominated for both the James Beard and IACP Awards
- Passionate Vegetarian (2002), Winner, James Beard Award
- The Cornbread Gospels (2007)
- Bean by Bean: A Cookbook (2011)
- Rainy Day Together (Harper & Row, 1971), as by Ellen Parsons, children's picture book illustrated by Lillian Hoban
- When Light Turns into Night (1975) ISBN 0-06-021740-5
- Wind Rose (1976) ISBN 0-06-021741-3 (with Ronald Himler)
- Will It Be Okay? (1977) ISBN 0-06-021738-3
- Your Owl Friend (1977) ISBN 0-06-021731-6, picture book illus. Ruth Bornstein
- If You Call My Name (1981) ISBN 0-06-021744-8, picture book illus. David Palladini
- I Hate My Brother Harry (1983)
- Always, Always (1984) ISBN 0-02-733080-X
- Alligator Arrived With Apples: A Potluck Alphabet Feast (1985) ISBN 0-7857-0010-2
- Half a Moon and One Whole Star (1986) ISBN 0-689-71415-7
- This Is the Bread I Baked for Ned (1989) ISBN 0-689-82353-3
- Winter Holding Spring (1990) ISBN 0-02-733122-9
- Alligators and Others All Year Long (1993)
- Annie Flies the Birthday Bike (1993)
- Brass Button (1997)
- Bat in the Dining Room (1997)
- And Then It Rained / And Then the Sun Came Out (2002)
- Sack of Potatoes (2002)
- All the Awake Animals Are Almost Asleep (2012)
- The Year It Rained (1985) ISBN 0-02-733110-5
- To Take A Dare (1982) (co-authored with the late Paul Zindel)
- Fox, Margalit (2013-11-19). "Charlotte Zolotow, Author of Books on Children’s Real Issues, Dies at 98". The New York Times. Retrieved 2013-11-23.
- "Names of the Year," NOTY High Committee, February 28, 2007.
- "2010 NOTY: Dragonwagon Regional, Part 1," NOTY High Committee, April 5, 2010.
- "Name of the Year: March's Second Maddest Tournament," SBnation.com, March 29, 2010.
- Official website
- Nothing is Wasted on the Writer blog by Dragonwagon
- Deep Feast: Writing the World through Food blog by Dragonwagon
- Crescent Dragonwagon at Facebook
- Crescent Dragonwagon at Library of Congress Authorities — with 40 catalog records
- Ellen Parsons at LC Authorities