Crescent Valley High School
|Crescent Valley High School|
|4444 NW Highland Drive
Corvallis, Oregon, 97330
|School district||Corvallis S.D. (509J)|
|Vice principal||Michael Beck|
|Number of students||1,038|
|Color(s)||Cardinal & gold |
|Athletics||OSAA, Class 5A|
|Athletics conference||Mid-Willamette Conference|
|Elevation||280 ft (85 m) AMSL|
Crescent Valley High School, known as CV, is a four-year public secondary school in Corvallis, Oregon, United States. Opened in 1971 in a rural location north of the city, it is one of the two traditional high schools of the Corvallis School District.
Courses are sometimes shared with Corvallis High School. Students taking courses at the partner school ride an approximately 15 minute bus to attend shared classes. Examples of such courses offerings from past years include AP Physics (offered at CHS and shared until 2010) or AP Environmental Science (offered at CV) as well as Orchestra (at CV).
Reputation and ratings
According to the 2006-2007 School Report Card, the average SAT score of CV students is higher than the state or national averages (with 66% participating). In 2007, the school met AYP targets set by the No Child Left Behind Act for the first time since the act's legislation. The school has won the Oregonian Cup, which recognizes "overall excellence by schools in academics, activities and athletics," in the 2000-2001, 2006-2007, and 2007-2008 academic years.
In addition to many athletic teams, CV contributes to a co-ed Ultimate Frisbee team known as Tribe that has gone to state almost every year. Tribe has also managed to win state in recent years.
Crescent Valley has also produced notable PGA tour professional Robert Garrigus (class of 1995), who led the PGA tour in driving distance from 2009-2010. Garrigus helped Crescent Valley win its first state championship in golf.
- Boys tennis team: 2013,
- Boys swim team: 2007
- Girls swim team: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Boys golf: 1995, 2007
- Boys soccer: 1996
- Girls Cross Country: 1987
- State champions: 2009
The Corvallis Camerata is a combination of both Corvallis high schools.
- State champions: 2009, 2012, 2013
- Mt. Hood Symphony festival winners: 1989, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2002, 2011
- State champions: 2009
- Crescent Valley High School
- "OSAA.org::Schools::Crescent Valley High School". Oregon School Activities Association. Retrieved 2010-01-11.
- "Oregon School Directory 2009-2010". Oregon Department of Education. p. 117. Retrieved 2009-09-04.
- "Oregon School Directory 2008-09". Oregon Department of Education. p. 139. Retrieved 2009-05-28.
- "State releases high school graduation rates". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- "Oregon dropout rates for 2008". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- Hammond, Betsy (2010-05-03). "Presidential scholars: Oregon scores three". The Oregonian. Retrieved 3 May 2010.
- OSAA.org :: Awards :: The Oregonian Cup
- "Best High Schools 2010". U.S. News & World Report. 2009-12-09. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- Graves, Bill (2010-01-15). "Nine Oregon high schools ranked among best in nation". The Oregonian. Retrieved 2010-01-16.