Cressida Cowell (born 15 April 1966) is an English children's author who wrote the Hiccup series of books.
Cowell lives in London with her husband Simon, a former director and interim CEO of the International Save the Children Alliance; daughters Maisie and Clementine; and son Alexander. She is the daughter of Michael Hare, 2nd Viscount Blakenham. One of her children's novels, How to Train Your Dragon, has been made into a film that was released on 26 March 2010 to considerable critical and financial success. She was born on 15 April 1966 in London. As a child she enjoyed drawing and writing stories. She went to Oxford where she studied English, and at St Martin's and Brighton University where she learned illustration. Cressida also won the Nestle Children's book award.
List of works
How to Train Your Dragon books
- How to Train Your Dragon (2003)
- How to Be a Pirate (2004)
- How to Speak Dragonese (2005)
- How to Cheat a Dragon's Curse (2006)
- How to Twist a Dragon's Tale (2007)
- A Hero's Guide to Deadly Dragons (2008)
- How to Ride a Dragon's Storm (2008)
- How to Break a Dragon's Heart (2009)
- How to Steal a Dragon's Sword (2011)
- The Day of the Dreader (2012)
- How to Seize a Dragon's Jewel (2012)
Emily Brown books
- That Rabbit Belongs to Emily Brown
- Emily Brown and the Thing
- Emily Brown and the Elephant Emergency
- Cheer Up Your Teddy Bear, Emily Brown!
- Little Bo Peep’s Troublesome Sheep
- Don’t Do That Kitty Kilroy
- What Shall We Do with the Boo-Hoo Baby
- There's No Such Thing as a Ghostie!
- Daddy on the moon
- Hiccup the Seasick Viking
- How to Train Your Viking, by Toothless the Dragon (2006)