Logan City, Queensland
Augusta Street, 2014
|Location||27 km (17 mi) from Brisbane GPO|
|State electorate(s)||Woodridge, Logan|
In the 2011 Census the population of Crestmead is 11,210, 50.5% female and 49.5% male. The median/average age of the Crestmead population is 27 years of age, 10 years below the Australian average. 69.3% of people living in Crestmead were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were New Zealand 10.6%, England 2.7%, Samoa 2.2%, Philippines 1.2%, Cambodia 0.7%. 80.7% of people speak English as their first language 4.4% Samoan, 1.1% Khmer, 0.7% Spanish, 0.6% Tagalog, 0.5% Hindi.
In 1885 a number of Swedish immigrants from the Cheybassa established farms in the area. Early crops included oats, maize, potatoes and turnips. Horses and cattle were grazed and timber was cut. Other early settlers were John and George Hubner who took up farms in 1893. Although the district acquired the unofficial name of Hubner from the Hubner family, when the (then) local government Shire of Beaudesert tried to formalise it in 1987, it was instead decided to name the area Crestmead after a local housing estate.
Crestmead State School opened on 23 January 1984.
There are two schools in Crestmead.
Crestmead State School, a government primary (P-7) school, is located at 27-61 Augusta Street ().
The Crestmead Industrial Estate is located on the western side of the suburb. It has lot sizes ranging from 1,800 square metres to 2.6 hectares. It is suitable for light to medium industry and businesses can operate 24 hours a day.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Crestmead (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 16 February 2014.
- "Crestmead (entry 47400)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- "Crestmead". Suburbs. Logan City Council. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "Opening and closing dates of Queensland Schools". Queensland Government. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- "Queensland State and Non-State Schools". Queensland Government. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "Crestmead industrial estate". Queensland Government. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Crestmead, Queensland.|
- Crestmead - Community
- University of Queensland: Queensland Places: Crestmead
- Map of Crestmead within Logan City
|This Queensland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|