Crime & Investigation Network (Europe)
|Crime & Investigation Network|
|Launched||10 July 2006 (UK & Ireland)
4 July 2011 (Netherlands)
February 2010 (Bulgaria)
|Owned by||A+E Networks UK (A+E Networks/BSkyB)|
|Picture format||16:9, 576i (SDTV)
~0.0% (+1) (September 2014 , BARB)
|Broadcast area||Benelux, Central Europe & Eastern Europe, Iberian Peninsula, Ireland, Italy, United Kingdom|
|Timeshift service||CI +1|
|VuTV||Channel 238 on Freeview (UK)|
(UK & Ireland)
|Channel 553 (SD/HD)
Channel 554 (+1)
Channel 555 (SD)
|Virgin Media (UK)||Channel 237
TV Choice On Demand
|UPC Ireland||Channel 225 (HD)|
|UPC Netherlands||Channel 112|
|Ziggo (Netherlands)||Channel 124|
|BT (UK)||Channel 433
Channel 453 (HD)
|TalkTalk Plus TV (UK)||Channel 433|
|Sky Go||Watch live (UK & Ireland only)|
|Virgin TV Anywhere||Watch live (UK only)|
Crime & Investigation Network (branded as CI) is a pan-European television channel broadcasting programs related to crime, investigation and mystery programming. It is owned and operated by A+E Networks UK, jointly owned by A+E Networks and British Sky Broadcasting. AMC Networks International DMC is responsible for the signal distribution across mainland Europe and the subsidiaries of AMC Networks International are the distribution representatives across Europe. In Spain and Portugal it's named Crimen & Investigación and it's operated by AMC Networks International Iberia.
Its programming is mainly in English and locally subtitled or dubbed. It is available through numerous satellite, cable, terrestrial and IPTV distributors across Europe and the Middle East. In some countries the advertisement and the announcements between programs are localized.
A high definition version launched on Sky on 5 November 2008. CI HD originally operated on a separate schedule to the standard definition channel and timeshared with Bio. HD. On 3 July 2012, Bio. HD closed to allow CI HD to broadcast 24 hours a day, simulcasting the standard definition channel.
A one hour timeshift channel named CI +1 launched on Sky on Monday 2 March 2009.
- Richard Lambert and Sarah Whyte (April 10, 2012). "Chello DMC Announces "TV without Boundaries"". Chello DMC.
- Robert Briel (February 12, 2010). "DMC launches Crime & Investigation". Broadband TV News.
- "Sky to launch AETN's Crime and Investigation HD / Bio HD on November 5th". Engadget. 14 October 2008.
- "Even more HD channels on their way to you". Sky User. 13 October 2008.
- "Crime HD changes and Bio HD removed". Entertainment Interactive. 3 July 2012.
- Jarco Kriek (July 4, 2011). "Crime & Investigation Netwerk in Nederland van start". Totaal TV.
|This article related to broadcasting in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|