Crime Patrol (TV series)
|Created by||Subramanian S. Iyer|
|Developed by||Subramanian S. Iyer & Neeraj Naik|
|Written by||Subramanian S. Iyer|
|Directed by||Subramanian S. Iyer|
|Creative director(s)||Neeraj Naik (Season 1)|
|Presented by||Diwakar Pundir & Shakti Anand (Season 1)
Anoop Soni & Saakshi Tanwar (Season 2)
Anoop Soni (Season 3 and 4)
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||4|
|Producer(s)||Opytimystix Entertainment Private Limited|
|Running time||approx. 42 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Cinevistaas Limited (Season 1)
Optimystix Entertainment (Season 2, 3, 4)
|Original channel||Sony Entertainment Television India and Sony Entertainment Television Asia|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV),
|Original run||May 9, 2003 – Present|
Crime Patrol is an Indian crime television series created, developed, written and directed by Subramanian S. lyer for Sony Entertainment Television India and Sony Entertainment Television Asia. The series presents dramatized version of crime cases that occurred in India. The series was first premiered on May 9, 2003, and ran for 3 seasons. Currently, season 4 titled Crime Patrol Satark is being aired and is hosted by Anoop Soni. Season 4 has aired the cases about Baby Falak, 2012 Delhi gang rape case and 2013 Mumbai gang rape.
Anup Soni suggests the right measures to avert crimes, narrating real-life stories revolving around harassment, kidnapping and murders.
Season 1: 2003-2006
Season 2: 2010
This season was aired four days a week on Monday-Thursday evenings for half an hour, from January 26, 2010 to June 24, 2010. It was presented by Indian television actors Anoop Soni and Saakshi Tanwar. Juhi Chawla appeared in the first episode of the show to make her debut on television.
Season 3: 2010
Its third season was telecast on Friday and Saturday nights from September 24, 2010 to December 25, 2010. This season was hosted by Anoop Soni. The air time of this season was 1 hour, with an average of 25–35 minutes of running time.
Season 4: 2011-Present
Season 4 is titled as Crime Patrol Satark and is again hosted by Anoop Soni. Previously, the series was named Crime Patrol Dastak till 29 June 2014. The day when it was premiered on April 29, 2011,[clarification needed] it was aired bi-weekly on Friday and Saturday nights till June 23, 2012. From June 29, 2012, the series was telecast tri-weekly on Friday-Sunday till October 6, 2013. Than again from October 11, 2013, it shifted to its original place. Again from April 11, 2014, the series airs three days a week.
Delhi gang-rape case
Bhartiya Stree Shakti(Nagpur Wing), a non-governmental organisation, Information and Broadcasting Ministry of India intervened and asked Sony Entertainment Television not to telecast a program about the Delhi gang-rape case. But on September 10, 2013, the show was given permission to present the 2012 Delhi gang rape case on their show, and subsequently the promos of the episode were also aired. The episode was aired in a two-episode part on September 21, 2013 and September 22, 2013.
Om Prakash Chautala teacher recruitment scam
Sony TV was to air episodes based on Om Prakash Chautala teacher recruitment scam in the show. On February 22, 2013 Delhi High Court restrained Sony TV from telecasting the related episodes till April 4, 2013, upon the appeal by Chautala and others as the case was still in court and there was a possibility of a bias of the show on case. On March 2, 2013, show was given clearance by High court. However, clearance was challenged in Supreme Court and on March 6, 2013, the episodes of this case were again put on hold. On May 3, 2013 Supreme Court allowed Sony TV to telecast episodes as the trial was complete and judgment of conviction and sentence are in public domain. and the related episodes were telecast on May 31, 2013 and June 1, 2013.
Crime Patrol Dastak has been dubbed in other Indian languages. In Pakistan, the show airs on Geo Tez and Geo Kahani. A Bengali adapted version of Crime Patrol Dastak airs on SET India's sister channel, Sony Aath.
- Tankha, Madhur (April 20, 2012). "Crime never pays". The Hindu (Chennai, India). Retrieved April 20, 2012.
- "Sony to bust crime on Fridays with reality show". Indiantelevision. Retrieved May 9, 2003.
- "Crime Patrol is back!". The Times of India. January 20, 2010. Retrieved January 20, 2010.
- "Juhi nabs a criminal". The Times of India. May 5, 2011. Retrieved May 5, 2011.
- "Sony launches Crime Patrol 3 to firm up weekend late prime". Indiantelevision. Retrieved September 24, 2010.
- "Crime Patrol Dastak". Indianexpress. Retrieved April 22, 2011.
- "Crime Patrol will be a tri-weekly". The Times of India. June 15, 2012. Retrieved June 15, 2012.
- "I&B ministry asks Sony not to air Crime Patrol on Delhi gang-rape". Business Standard. Retrieved 11 January 2013.
- "Sony postpones 'Crime Patrol' episode on Delhi gangrape". IBN Live. Retrieved January 11, 2013.
- "BCCC restrains airing of Crime Patrol episodes on Delhi gang rape incident". The Hindu (Chennai, India). March 23, 2013. Retrieved March 23, 2013.
- "Delhi gang rape case to feature on Crime Patrol". Hindustan Times. Retrieved September 12, 2013.
- "Boys should be taught that a woman is not an object: Anup Soni". The Times of India. Retrieved September 26, 2013.
- "Delhi gang rape case to feature on 'Crime Patrol'". Business Standard. Retrieved September 11, 2013.
- "Delhi gang-rape on Crime Patrol". DnaIndia. Retrieved September 12, 2013.
- "'No intention to sensationalise the Delhi gang rape'". Rediff. Retrieved September 21, 2013.
- "Crime Patrol episode on Chautala stopped, TV fraternity reacts". Hindustan Times. Retrieved February 26, 2013.
- "Crime Patrol Dastak: Om Prakash Chautala episode gets HC clearance". The Times of India. March 2, 2013. Retrieved May 2, 2013.
- Venkatesan, J. (March 7, 2013). "Sony TV not to telecast episodes on recruitment scam". The Hindu (Chennai, India). Retrieved March 7, 2013.
- "Chautala loses plea against TV serial on recruitment scam". The Hindu (Chennai, India). May 5, 2013. Retrieved May 5, 2013.
- Official website on SET India
- Crime Patrol on SET Asia
- News Article on Crime Patrol
- Crime Patrol at the Internet Movie Database