Crime in Stereo
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011)|
|Crime in Stereo|
|Origin||Long Island, New York, United States|
|Genres||Hardcore punk, melodic hardcore|
|Years active||2002–2011, 2012–present|
Crime in Stereo is a Long Island-based hardcore punk/melodic hardcore band. The band released their debut, a split with New York's Kill Your Idols, in 2003 on Blackout! Records. In early 2004, the band released their debut full-length in conjunction with Brightside Records, Explosives and the Will to Use Them and was well received by several punk music webzines. The band's relationship with the label eventually turned sour for reasons which are yet to be disclosed, and in early 2005 the band signed with Nitro Records, owned by Dexter Holland of The Offspring. Although a four-song EP titled The Contract was released in July 2005 to finish up the band's contract with Blackout! Records / Brightside, the band released the Fuel. Transit. Sleep EP that same year with Nitro Records containing two songs from the following album, The Troubled Stateside, which was released April 18, 2006 on Nitro Records.
The band left Nitro Records some time after the release of The Troubled Stateside and signed to Bridge Nine Records who released their third full-length, Crime in Stereo is Dead, on October 23, 2007.
The band released a 10-song collections disc titled Selective Wreckage on Bridge 9 in late 2008.
Their newest album, I Was Trying to Describe You to Someone, was released in February 2010 and on August 9, 2010 they announced that Crime In Stereo was no more. On September 8, 2010, the band released a letter explaining the split:
Crime In Stereos final show took place January 14, 2011 at Bergen Point Country Club, on Long Island. The band reunited to open for the Movielife's final show on August 26, 2011 at the Best Buy Theatre in Manhattan.
Bassist Gary Cioni now plays in Long Island band Daytrader. They are currently signed to Rise Records.
On October 3, 2012 Crime In Stereo announced the end of their hiatus, saying they will be writing new music.
- Kristian Hallbert - vocals
- Alex Dunne - guitar, vocals
- Scotty Giffin - drums
- Gary Cioni - guitar
- Eric Fairchild - bass
- Dan McCabe - guitar
- Matt Markosky - guitar
- Mike Musilli - bass
- Elliott Markowitz - bass
- Matt McNally - bass
- Eric Kuster - guitar
- Explosives and the Will to Use Them (2004) Blackout! Records
- The Troubled Stateside (2006) Nitro Records [issued on vinyl (2008) Bridge Nine Records]
- Crime in Stereo Is Dead (2007) Bridge Nine Records
- I Was Trying to Describe You to Someone (2010) Bridge Nine Records
Singles & EPs
- Basement Demo (2002?) self-released
- Demo (2003?) self-released
- Split with Kill Your Idols (2003) Blackout! Records
- The Contract (2005) Blackout! Records [issued on vinyl as Love (2007) Run For Cover Records] & NO PANIC! Records (Europe)
- Fuel. Transit. Sleep (2006) Nitro Records
- Small Skeletal (2007)
- I Am Everything I Am Not (2010)
- Selective Wreckage (2008) Bridge Nine Records
- Beer: The Movie Soundtrack (2003) Triple Crown Records - "Here's to Things Gone Wrong"
- Broken Lamps And Hardcore Memories Vol. 2 (2004) Pastepunk Records - "Warning: Perfect Sideburns Do Not Make You Dangerous"
- Think Punk: Vol. 1 (2007) Rude Records - "Bicycles for Afghanistan"
- Bridge Nine Summer Compilation 2009 (2009) Bridge Nine Records - "war"
- Strong Island: The Best of Long Island Hardcore/Punk (2009) Brookvale Records - "Everywhere and All the Time"