||This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2010)
Law enforcement in Pakistan (Urdu: پولیس) is carried out by several federal and provincial police agencies. The four provinces and the Islamabad Capital Territory each have a civilian police force with jurisdiction extending only to the relevant province or territory. At the federal level, there are a number of civilian agencies with nationwide jurisdictions including the Federal Investigation Agency and the National Highways and Motorway Police, as well as several paramilitary forces including the Pakistan Rangers and the Frontier Corps. The most senior officers of all the civilian police forces also form part of the Police Service of Pakistan, which is a component of the civil service of Pakistan.
Pakistan motorway police vehicle.
ANF officer checking passengers at Jinnah International Airport.
- Airport security force, Prompts safety of Civil Aviation through development of legal framework, practices, procedures, technical and human resources to prevent/respond to acts of unlawful interference within airport premises.
- Anti-Narcotics Force
- Federal Investigation Agency
- Director General: Mr.Muhammad Anwar Virk, PSP, PPM
- Special Security Cell : As a part of National Crises Management Cell ( NCMC ), Coordinate, Interrogate, Monitor and Regulate the various activities of all law enforcement agencies along with implementation of security SOP ( Standing Operating Procedures ) for VVIP/VIP's under Ministry of Interior, Government of Pakistan
- Director/SSP : Muhammad Tariq Ishaque
- Balochistan Police, operating in the Balochistan province
- Inspector General: Tariq Umar Khattab
- Balochistan Constabulary, a reserve police unit of balochistan police consisting of more than 10000 personnel.
- Balochistan Levies, a paramilitary police force operating in 23 of Balochistan's 30 districts
- Capital Territory Police, operating in the Islamabad Capital Territory
- Inspector General: Binyamin Khan
- Frontier Police, operating in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province (formerly "North West Frontier Province")
- Inspector General: Akbar Khan Hoti
- Punjab Police, operating in the Punjab province
- Punjab Prisons (Pakistan)
- Inspector General: Kokab Nadeem Warraich
- Sindh Police, operating in the Sindh province
- Inspector General: Fayyaz Ahmed Leghari
- Azad Jammu and Kashmir Police, operating in Azad Kashmir
- Inspector General: Tariq Khokhar,
- Gilgit-Baltistan Police, operating in Gilgit-Baltistan (formerly "Northern Areas")
- Inspector General: Hussain Asgha
See also 
External links