Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior
|Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior|
|Created by||Chris Mundy
Edward Allen Bernero
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Chris Mundy
Edward Allen Bernero
|Running time||45 minutes|
|Production company(s)||The Mark Gordon Company (2011)
Bernero Productions (2011)
CBS Television Studios (2011)
ABC Studios (2011)
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Original run||February 16 – May 25, 2011|
|Related shows||Criminal Minds|
Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior is an American police procedural drama that aired on CBS. The show debuted in 2011 as a spin-off from the successful Criminal Minds, which had premiered in 2005. This edition's profiling team also worked for the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Behavioral Analysis Unit (BAU) in Quantico, Virginia. In an April 2010 episode of Criminal Minds ("The Fight"), during the show's fifth season, the original team met the new team and worked with them to find a San Francisco serial killer. This episode served as the new series' backdoor pilot.
Just like the parent series, CBS owned the underlying North American rights, while ABC owned the international rights. The series premiered on February 16, 2011, and filled the Wednesday 10 pm time slot, airing immediately after the original Criminal Minds.
CBS cancelled the series on May 17, 2011. The series ends with a cliffhanger. On September 6, 2011 CBS DVD released the complete series as a 4 disc-set. It is packaged as "The DVD Edition". There are numerous special features and two episode commentaries with the cast and crew. The set includes the backdoor pilot from season five of the original show.
In early 2009, Michael Ausiello from Entertainment Weekly said that he and studios were discussing the possibility of a spin-off of the procedural crime drama Criminal Minds. Studio Producer Ed Bernero confirmed it by disclosing that "it's safe to say there will be something soon." The show had a completely new cast, with the exception of Kirsten Vangsness, who reprised her role as Penelope Garcia. By late 2010, the director had been chosen, and the casting completed. It was announced that Forest Whitaker would star. Whitaker's character, Samuel "Sam" "Coop" Cooper, and his team were introduced in Criminal Minds Season 5. Richard Schiff had a recurring role as FBI Director Jack Fickler.
Samuel Cooper and his team set the stage for the spin-off in the 18th episode of the fifth season of Criminal Minds, "The Fight" (April 7, 2010). This "back-door pilot" approach was also used for other CBS shows that were introduced in original series, such as CSI: Miami, CSI: NY, NCIS, and NCIS: Los Angeles. Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior was the first cancellation of CBS remakes and CSI: NY was picked up for an eighth season in it place.
|Season||BAU Unit Chief||Senior SSA||Supervisory Special Agent||Technical Analyst||FBI Director|
|1||Samuel "Sam" "Coop" Cooper
|Jonathan "Prophet" Sims
|Season||Timeslot (EDT)||Season Premiere||Season Finale||TV Season||Rank||Viewers
|1||Wednesday 10:00 pm||February 16, 2011||May 25, 2011||
|Australia||Channel 7||on Wednesday at 20:30 (GMT+10)|
|Finland||Nelonen||Premiered February 4, 2014|
|Ireland||RTÉ Two||on Monday at 21:00 (GMT/IST)|
|Norway 11 Fox||Canada||CTV||on Monday at 20:30 (GMT+12)|
|United Kingdom||Alibi||Premièred October 29, 2012. at 21:00 (GMT)|
- Gorman, Bill (December 21, 2010). "CBS Mid-Season Schedule: 'Criminal Minds: SB' Wed. 10p; 'Mad Love' Mon. 8:30p; 'Chaos' Fri. 8p; 'Rules' Moves To Thu. 8:30p". Retrieved December 21, 2010.
- Andreeva, Nellie (May 17, 2011). "CBS renews 'CSI:NY', cancels 'Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 17, 2011.
- Kris De Leon (July 7, 2008). "'Criminal Minds' Spin-Off in the Works". BuddyTV. Retrieved 2010-04-08.
- Michael Ausiello (January 25, 2010). "Scoop: Forest Whitaker to headline 'Criminal Minds' spin-off!". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2010-04-07.
- Chuck Barney (April 7, 2010). "Criminal Minds proves actor Moore than pretty face". Associated Press. Retrieved 2010-04-07.[dead link]
- Adam Bryant (August 5, 2010). "Richard Schiff Joins Criminal Minds Spinoff". TV Guide. Retrieved 2010-08-05.
- "Hotch and his agents join forces with another BAU team to solve a series of murders in San Francisco, on "Criminal Minds," Wednesday, April 7". CBS. March 9, 2010. Retrieved 2010-04-08.
- "2010–11 Season Broadcast Primetime Show Viewership Averages". Tvbythenumbers.com. June 1, 2011. Retrieved June 1, 2011.
- "Uusi rikossarja Criminal Minds - Epäilyksen alla alkaa nelosella helmikuussa’".
- Munn, Patrick (August 20, 2012). "Alibi Acquires UK Rights To ‘Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior’". TVWise. Retrieved August 20, 2012.
- Munn, Patrick (August 28, 2012). "Alibi Sets UK Premiere Date For ‘Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior’". TVWise. Retrieved September 21, 2012.
- Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior at the Internet Movie Database
- Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior at TV.com