Cristian (middle) celebrates La Liga promotion with Hércules
|Full name||Cristian Hidalgo González|
|Date of birth||21 September 1983|
|Place of birth||Barcelona, Spain|
|Height||1.71 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)|
|2006–2009||Deportivo La Coruña||56||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 1 June 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Barcelona, Catalonia, Cristian was a product of FC Barcelona's youth system. He scored three goals during the 2003–04 season and four in the following campaign, while performing as a forward with the B-team. The team's coaches would, however, change his roll into one of a winger, and he impressed in this position, ending the 2005–06 campaign with eleven third division goals; he also played one official game for the main squad, a Copa del Rey match against Zamora CF.
Cristian signed for Deportivo de La Coruña in 2006–07, making his La Liga debut on 27 August 2006 as he came from the bench in a 3–2 home win over Real Zaragoza. As a starter, he scored his first top level goal in a 2–0 success against Real Madrid, also at the Estadio Riazor.
In his second year Cristian netted his second league goal ever, in a 9 December 2007 defeat against his former employers, 1–2 at the Camp Nou. He would only appear in 14 league matches during the season, however.
After featuring even less in the 2008–09 season, Cristian was released and joined Hércules CF in the second division. He contributed with 23 games and three goals in his debut campaign (but only three starts) as the Alicante side returned to the top flight after 13 years.
- "El Barcelona encarrila los cuartos en Zamora" [Barcelona all but qualified to last-four in Zamora] (in Spanish). El Mundo. 4 January 2006. Retrieved 27 June 2014.
- Two more signings at Deportivo; UEFA.com, 28 June 2006
- Deportivo La Coruña 3–2 Real Zaragoza; ESPN Soccernet, 27 August 2006
- Deportivo La Coruña 2–0 Real Madrid; ESPN Soccernet, 7 January 2007
- Barça dig deep to see off Depor; UEFA.com, 9 December 2007
- El Elche ficha a Cristian, exjugador del Hércules en paro (Elche signs unemployed Cristian, formerly with Hércules); Diario Información, 14 March 2012 (Spanish)
- "El Hércules se ahorra un millón con el despido de Rufete, Del Olmo y Cristian" [Hércules saves one million with sacking of Rufete, Del Olmo and Cristian] (in Spanish). Las Provincias. 20 October 2011. Retrieved 14 February 2014.