|Religious affiliation||Southern Baptists of Texas Convention|
|President||Dr. Barry K. Creamer|
|Location||Dallas, Texas, USA
|Former names||Criswell Bible Institute; Criswell Center for Biblical Studies|
|Colors||Red, Green, Blue, Yellow|
Criswell College is a Christian college and divinity school in Old East Dallas, Texas. Criswell College's stated objective is to train students to teach and preach the Bible with emphasis on evangelism, the original languages, and biblical inerrancy.
The college was founded in 1970 and first classes began on January 12, 1971. It was previously known as “Criswell Bible Institute” and later as “Criswell Center for Biblical Studies”; the college is named after its founder, W. A. Criswell, long-time dispensationalist pastor of the First Baptist Church of Dallas. Dr. James Bryant was the founding Dean.
The college has been affiliated with the Southern Baptists of Texas Convention since 2003. The college offers Diplomas, Associate of Arts, Bachelor of Arts, Master of Arts and Master of Divinity degrees.
In 2012, the Board of Trustees approved plans for an expansion of the undergraduate curriculum and relocation.
In June 2007, the college was placed on probation for one year.
In December 2010, the college was denied reaffirmation and given a warning for one year to make improvements in areas including in educational programs, effectiveness, administration, and general education competencies.
The school is currently fully accredited with a renewal date of 2020.
Former president Jerry Johnson resigned from the school in 2008 citing "philosophical differences with the chancellor and trustee leadership about the future of Criswell College." He returned in 2010 after the school separated from First Baptist Church of Dallas despite a 2008 resolution forbidding selling of the school for at least five years.
The Pasche Institute was started by Jim R. Sibley and Todd Bradley as a Master of Arts degree program for Jewish studies. Sibley was named the first director of the Pasche Institute in 2006. Dr. Lamar E. Cooper, Sr. is the current director of the institute.
- Daniel Akin - President, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary and author
- David Allen - Dean of Theology, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary and author
- Everett Berry - Associate Professor of Theology, Criswell College
- Barry Creamer - President, Criswell College and radio host
- Dan Dumas - Executive Vice President, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Raymond Edge - Noted Dead Sea Scrolls authority
- John Mark Yeats - Dean, the college of Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- K. P. Yohannan - President, Gospel for Asia and author
- Unknown. "Our Values".
- W. A. Criswell. "THE RISING OF ISRAEL".
- Jerry Pierce (2011). "Criswell College renews SBTC affiliation". Southern Baptist Texan. Retrieved 2012-01-07.
- President | Criswell College
- Rebirth of a Legacy | Criswell College
- "Criswell College". Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. 2011. Retrieved 2011-04-14.
- "Accrediting association reprimands Criswell College due to finances". Associated Baptist Press. July 5, 2007. Retrieved 2012-01-07.[dead link]
- "Questions Regarding Status of Criswell College". Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. December 10, 2010. Archived from the original on 2011-01-05. Retrieved 2012-01-05.
- "Criswell president Jerry Johnson resigns". Baptist Press. August 6, 2008. Retrieved 2011-09-14.
- "Criswell College officially separates". Baptist Press. August 6, 2008. Retrieved 2011-09-14.
- "EDUCATION DIGEST: Johnson elected Criswell president; Wright at Union; Campbellsville; Calif. Baptist; Baptist College of Fla.; NOBTS". Baptist Press. November 10, 2010. Retrieved 2011-09-14.
- "Texas Faith Blog". Dallas Morning News. May 22, 2008. Retrieved 2012-04-14.