Croatian Party of Rights dr. Ante Starčević
|Croatian Party of Rights - dr. Ante Starčević|
|Leader||Ruža Tomašić MEP|
|Split from||Croatian Party of Rights|
|European affiliation||Alliance of European Conservatives and Reformists|
|European Parliament group||European Conservatives and Reformists|
|Seats in Parliament|
|Seats in European Parliament|
|Politics of Croatia
It was founded in 2009 by Ruža Tomašić and others as a splinter party from the Croatian Party of Rights. It is named after Ante Starčević (1823-1896). In 2011, they reported a membership of 20,000. They had limited electoral success in local elections, such as winning three seats in Vukovar city council in 2011.
In 2011, Croatian Party of Rights dr. Ante Starčević signed a pre-election coalition agreement with far right Croatian Pure Party of Rights. In the Croatian parliamentary election, 2011, their coalition won one parliamentary seat.
In late 2012, the party made a permanent coalition with the centre-right Croatian Democratic Union. This coalition won the Croatian European Parliament election in 2013 and party president Ruža Tomašić was the highest ranking candidate on the winning list by preferential vote. The party joined the European Conservatives and Reformists.
The following is a summary of the party's results in legislative elections for the Croatian Parliament. The "Total votes" and "Percentage" columns include sums of votes won by pre-election coalitions HSP AS had been part of and the "Total seats" column includes sums of seats won by HSP AS in election constituencies plus representatives of ethnic minorities affiliated with HSP AS.
|Election||In coalition with||Votes won||Percentage||Seats won||Change|
|(Coalition totals)||(HSP AS only)|
|December 2011||Croatian Pure Party of Rights||66,150||2,8|
|Election||In coalition with||Votes won
|Percentage||Total seats won
(HSP AS only)
|April 2013||Croatian Democratic Union, Bloc of United Pensioners||243,654||32,86%|
|May 2014||Croatian Democratic Union, Croatian Peasant Party, Bloc of United Pensioners||381,844||41.42%|
- "Hrvatska stranka prava dr. Ante Starčević - HSP dr. Ante Starčević" (in Croatian). Croatian Information-Documentation Referral Agency. Retrieved 2011-05-28.
- "Vukovarci izabrali isto Gradsko vijeće: SDP i HNS potukli HDZ i HSS za 10 posto" (in Croatian). Index.hr. 2011-02-07. Retrieved 2011-05-28.
- "HČSP i HSP-dr. Ante Starčević zajedno na izbore" (in Croatian). Slobodna Dalmacija. Retrieved 2011-05-28.
- "Kukuriku osigurao apsolutnu većinu sa 80 mandata, HDZ ih osvaja 47" (in Croatian). Dnevnik.hr. Retrieved 2011-05-28.
- "Ruža Tomašić u konzervativnoj grupaciji u EU parlamentu". RTL Televizija (in Croatian). 10 June 2013. Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- Croatian Parliament#7th assembly
- European Parliament election, 2013 (Croatia)#Results
-  |