Croatian Revolutionary Brotherhood
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
The Croatian Revolutionary Brotherhood (CRB) (Croatian: Hrvatsko revolucionarno bratstvo (HRB)) was a far right-wing organisation formed in Australia in the early 1960s. The organisation was created by Croatian migrants to Australia from Yugoslavia after World War II. The organisation carried out more than 120 actions in Europe and Australia. As opposed to the Croatian Liberation Movement, an organization founded by Poglavnik Ante Pavelić, CRB was more radical organization and didn't expected any help from Western countries as CLM did.
The organisation was active throughout the territories of Yugoslavia in the early and mid 1960s. Its aim was to start an uprising in Yugoslavia and to establish an independent Croatia. This mission failed due to the intervention of the UDBA, the Yugoslav secret police.
- Diversion at Yugoslavs' Club in Paris, 1966
- Assassination attempt on Yugoslav ambassador to Germany, 1966
- Assassination of superintendent in Yugoslav embassy in Stuttgart, 1966
- Diversion attempt on the transmission line and railway Zagreb-Rijeka, 1967
- Preparation to assassinate Josip Broz Tito, 1967
- Diversion at the Yugoslav embassy in Melbourne, Australia, 1967
- Preparation of bomb attacks on planes, buses and trains in order to disturb tourism in Yugoslavia, 1968
- Diversion in a bar in Schveningen where Yugoslav consul organized Embassy Days
- Bomb attack at the cinema "22. Oktobar" in Belgrade; 1 person killed, 85 wounded
- Assassination attempt on Chief of the Yugoslav Military Mission in Berlin, 1969
- Wounding of the Yugoslav vice-consul in Lyon, 1969
- Uprising attempt in Bugojno, 1972
- Action Kaktus; a sabotage attempt on the 1975 tourist season
Some CRB members were:
- Andrić Brothers
- Blaž Kraljević
- Geze Pastya
- Josip Senić
- Pavo Vegar
- Mirko Vlasnović
- Ilija Glavas
These people were also members of Ante Pavelić's Croatian Liberation Movement (HOP) but they left that organisation because they decided they would not achieve their goals through the political route.
The CRB/HRB's motto was: "Život za Hrvatsku". English translation: "Life for Croatia"
|This article about Croatian history is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|