Croft Ambrey is located on high ground within the Croft Castle estate, the nearest villages are Yarpole, Aymestrey, Yatton and Mortimer's Cross. Leominster lies to the south and Leintwardine to the north.
The Mortimer Trail waymarked long distance footpath passes adjacent to the site.
The hill fort at Croft Ambrey is triangular in layout and comprises 32 acres (13 ha) on high ground, a prominent and defensible site.
- Children, G; Nash, G (1994) Prehistoric Sites of Herefordshire Logaston Press ISBN 1-873827-09-1
- Croft Ambrey at PastScape
- Croft Ambrey Monument Detail
- Croft Ambrey on the Roman-Britain website
- Croft Ambrey on English Heritage
- Photos of Croft Ambrey and surrounding area on geograph
|This Herefordshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Herefordshire building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|