||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (December 2012)|
Cropio is a field management system. It employs satellite crop monitoring and provides reports on vegetation index dynamics, precise weather forecasts and soft commodity market information. Cropio system is mainly used for cereal and oil crops vegetation monitoring, as other types of crops are more difficult to monitor using the methods it employs
Cropio system was elaborated by New Science Technologies company, which specializes in processing of Earth remote sensing data aiming to geological, meteorological and other researches. The system was created in 2009, but its commercial use started in 2011 (since 2012 in the CIS).
Cropio offices and customers support centres are located in the North America, Europe and CIS.
Chlorophyll spectral characteristics enables to estimate the vegetation level. Satellites provide images in different spectral ranges which makes possible to record the level of chlorophyll and to estimate vegetation level in each point of the image after its spectral processing. Cropio system automatically performs analysis and display the result as digital vegetation maps and data charts. The level of vegetation is calculated separately for each pixel of the image.
Cropio uses images taken from a number of different satellites such as MODIS, Landsat, IKONOS and GeoEye. The images are taken on daily and weekly basis, some images are historical and can be updated only once a year. The system uses satellite vegetation images with 15, 30 and 250 metres resolution per pixel, such images are being updated on daily and weekly basis. More precise images have 50 centimetres resolution.
Cropio main functions are being divided into several blocks:
- Field Monitoring (monitoring and control of the sown area);
- Precise Weather (updated forecasts for each specific field);
- Field Analytics (detailed field analysis: history, statistics, comparison);
- Field Zoning (determination of the field structure,identification of problem areas);
- Field Tasking (set up of task reminders for the field);
- N-deficit (calculation of the optimal dose of fertilizer);
- Active Control (system of notification and autonomous monitoring);
- News & Prices (important events and actual prices in a real time mode);
- Reports (status reports about the crop condition and its growth dynamics).
- Satellite crop monitoring
- Spectral analysis
- Normalized Difference Vegetation Index
- Precision agriculture
- http://www.cropio.com/ru/about About Cropio // official web-site
- http://ieassa.org/en/precision-agriculture-and-the-ukrainian-reality//Crop monitoring systems functional// International Efficient Agriculture Solutions and Standards Association
- http://www.cropio.com/ru/about Cropio contact data // official web-site
- http://www.cropio.com/media/cropio_eng.pdf Cropio functions // Cropio official information booklet