|Publisher(s)||Flying Shine (PC)
CyberFront (PSP, Xbox 360)
5pb. (PS3, PSV)
|Genre(s)||Eroge, visual novel|
Cross Channel (officially spelled CROSS†CHANNEL) is an adult visual novel developed by Flying Shine for the Windows and PlayStation 2 platforms. The Windows version was released on September 26, 2003, and the PS2 version (CROSS†CHANNEL ~To all people~) on March 18, 2004. A PlayStation Portable port of the PS2 version was released on February 25, 2010 and a Xbox 360 port with added content (CROSS†CHANNEL ~In memory of all people~) was released on April 14, 2011. An English translation patch to the game was released on August 26, 2009. CROSS†CHANNEL ~For all people~ was released on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita on June 26, 2014.
Gunjo Gakuen (Deep Blue School) is a facility designed to gather and isolate those students with a high adaptation coefficient (indicating that the student is less likely to be able to adapt to society), determined from an adaptation exam mandated by the government.
After a failed summer vacation with other members of the school's broadcasting club, Taichi Kurosu and some of the other club members return to the city, only to find that all living creatures within it except for the club members have completely vanished. In order to confirm the status of the outside world, Taichi decides to gather other club members to help Misato Miyasumi, the president of the broadcasting club, set up a broadcasting antenna to contact any possible survivors. However, Taichi soon discovers that the world is actually repeating the same week and thus all their actions are reset, with no loss or gain, no matter what actions are taken. Seeking himself and the restoration of broken bonds, Taichi must discover meaning to exist in this strange and lonely but, for Taichi, comforting world.
- Taichi Kurosu: the protagonist. He calls himself "The Love Aristocrat". He was trying to act as a human, while hiding his score of 84% on the exam, which is almost beyond human boundaries. He's a pervert.
- Miki Yamanobe: a girl with cheerful character and humble breasts. Taichi jokes about her being his pupil in perversion. Is sometimes cruel but is funloving. Her adaption coefficient is 40%, which Taichi remarks as being "right on the cut-off line." Voiced by Mao Enokizu in PC and Kaori Nonaka in consoles.
- Kiri Sakura: a squeamish, untrusting girl who hates and fears Taichi. She is a good friend of Miki, albeit a rather clingy friend. Kiri and Miki are nicknamed "the flowers" by Taichi, because they seem to be "two flowers from the same pot." Voiced by Hina Nakase in PC and Reika Sawano in consoles.
- Misato Miyasumi: a girl with glasses and large breasts. She is the president of the broadcasting club. Her exam score is never revealed, but Taichi does note her engaging in severe self-destructive behavior from time to time, which would put her at least above 30. She refers to Taichi as "Peke-kun". She has a problem with Tomoki, the brother she has been separated from since the divorce of their parents. Voiced by Hina Hatono in PC and Hitomi Oikawa in consoles.
- Touko Kirihara: a girl descended from a samurai clan. She used to go out with Taichi, but currently is very harsh to him. "Kirihara" is an anagram of Harakiri, which Taichi sometimes uses as her nickname. She scored 46% on the exam, and as Taichi says at one point, is "desperately trying to hold on to the last 54% of her humanity as best she can." Voiced by Suzune Kusunoki in PC and Erika Narumi in consoles.
- Youko Hasekura: a kunoichi (female ninja). She's always monitoring Taichi. She is very devoted to Taichi, sometimes to the point of stalking him, but he for the most part ignores her. She used to be Taichi's first love, and is admired by Taichi for being an almost complete person in his mind. Voiced by Satomi Kodama in PC and consoles.
- Nanaka: a mysterious girl who wears a school uniform different from that of Gunjo Gakuen. She always suddenly appears or disappears in front of Taichi without warning, usually by violently crashing into him on her bike. Voiced by Satoruta in PC and Riko Hirai in consoles.
Nanaca Crash!! (officially spelled NANACA†CRASH!!) is an online spin off game featuring characters from CROSS†CHANNEL. The objective of the game is to click, hold and release the mouse button to determine the angle and velocity of Nanaka crashing her bicycle into Taichi, sending him flying across the screen. Your score is determined by the distance of his flight. Certain characters he crashes into will greatly affect his velocity.
On May 16, 2014, NANACA†CRASH!! was relaunched as an official part of Cross Channel with updated graphics and sound. The Flash version was updated and the game was made available on Android and iOS for the first time.
- 2014-02-25, Arcana Heart 3: Love Max coming to PS3 and PS Vita, Gematsu
- 2014-05-16, NANACA†CRASH!!, MEDIA C3 CO., LTD.
- 2014-06-17, Famitsu Review Scores: Issue 1332, Gematsu
- Official website
- Official Flying Shine website
- Official PlayStation Portable port website
- Official Xbox 360 port website
- Official PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita port website
- English translation patch, by Amaterasu Translations
- Cross Channel at TV Tropes, which actually gives you an idea of the story
- Cross Channel at The Visual Novel Database