Cross Creek Wildlife Management Area
|Cross Creek Wildlife Management Area|
|West Virginia Wildlife Management Area|
American Coot (Fulica americana) may be found in the Cross Creek WMA
|Elevation||805 ft (245.4 m) |
|Area||2,078 acres (840.9 ha) |
|Management||Wildlife Resources Section, WVDNR|
|Owner||Starvaggi Industries and WVDNR|
|Nearest town||Wellsburg, West Virginia|
Cross Creek Wildlife Management Area is located on 630 acres (250 ha) in Brooke County near Wellsburg, West Virginia. Mixed hardwoods cover most of the former strip mine site. The rolling terrain is punctuated with a few highwalls and ponds. Cross Creek WMA can be reached by State Route 7 about 6 miles (9.7 km) northeast of Wellsburg.
Hunting and Fishing
Hunting opportunities include deer, grouse, turkey and waterfowl. Cross Creek provides fishing opportunities for smallmouth bass, largemouth bass, bluegill and channel catfish, as well as stocked trout.
Camping is prohibited on the Cross Creek WMA land.
- Acme Mapper 2.0, Cross Creek Road in Cross Creek WMA, retrieved August 26, 2008
- "Cross Creek WMA page". WV Division of Natural Resources. Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- West Virginia DNR District 1 Wildlife Management Areas
- West Virginia Hunting Regulations
- West Virginia Fishing Regulations