Crossbones (TV series)
|Created by||Neil Cross|
|Written by||Neil Cross|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Executive producer(s)||Neil Cross
|Production company(s)||Universal Television
Parkes / MacDonald Productions
|Distributor||NBCUniversal Television Distribution|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
Crossbones is an upcoming American television series on the NBC network. The series is a fictionalization of the life of the pirate Edward "Blackbeard" Teach in and around the island of New Providence in The Bahamas. The show was created by Neil Cross, creator of the British television series Luther, and whose television writing credits include Spooks and Doctor Who.
The network announced the series in May 2012 with a straight-to-series commitment. Ten episodes were ordered, with production beginning in Puerto Rico on October 15, 2013. It was originally supposed to be a part of NBC's midseason schedule, but was later pushed to summer. The series will premiere on May 30, 2014.
Georgeville Television, which had been participating as a production company, dropped out of the project.
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (February 2014)|
- John Malkovich as Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
- Richard Coyle as Tom Lowe
- Claire Foy as Kate
- Tracy Ifeachor as Nenna
- David Hoflin as Charles Vane
- Ezra Buzzington as Oswald Eisengrim
- Kevin Ryan as Finnegan
- Henry Hereford as Frederick Nightingale
- Emilien De Falco as Alain Mersault
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Production
|1||1||David Slade||Neil Cross||May 30, 2014|
- "Crossbones About the Show". Retrieved August 19, 2012.
- "NBC Post-Upfront Wrap-Up: '30 Rock' Indeed to End; 'The Voice' Returns September 10". The Futon Critic. May 14, 2012. Retrieved August 19, 2012.
- 'Crossbones' To Film In Puerto Rico: How Will New NBC Show Boost Puerto Rican Economy?
- Crossbones - Pushed to Summer 2014
- Kondolojy, Amanda (March 25, 2014). "NBC Announces Summer Premiere Dates for 'Crossbones', 'Undateable', 'The Night Shift', 'Taxi Brooklyn' & More". Zap2it. Retrieved March 26, 2014.
- Goldberg, Lesley (May 14, 2012). "NBC Greenlights Pirate Drama From 'Luther' Creator". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 3, 2013.
- The Futon Critic Staff. "Breaking News". The Futon Critic. Retrieved 22 August 2013.
- Marechal, AJ (March 11, 2013). "NBC's 'Crossbones' to Sail With John Malkovich at Helm". Variety. Retrieved March 18, 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie. "Richard Coyle To Star In NBC’s ‘Crossbones’". Deadline. Retrieved 26 September 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie (August 12, 2013). "David Slade To Direct First Episode Of NBC Drama Series ‘Crossbones’". Deadline. Retrieved September 3, 2013.
- Official website
- Crossbones at the Internet Movie Database
- Official website for The Republic of Pirates
|This article about a television show originating in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|