|This article or section may be slanted towards recent events. (January 2014)|
|Founded||Fort Smith, Arkansas, 1905|
|Founder(s)||Willis Johnson and E. Leslie Hunt|
|Area served||North America, Australia, New Zealand|
|Key people||Joe Crafton, CEO, Ben Fischer, President & COO, and Kelly Parsons, CFO |
|Services||Sales and marketing|
Crossmark, Inc., stylized as CROSSMARK, is a sales and marketing services company that operates within the consumer goods industry. The company was established in 1905 by Willis Johnson and E. Leslie Hunt in Fort Smith, Arkansas as a provision supply point for groups traveling to the Oklahoma Territory. Crossmark contributes research and data to the Food Marketing Institute. The company serves grocery, mass, club, drug, convenience store, and home improvement channels.
In 1997, Crossmark was one of three companies that collectively controlled 75 percent of the sales and marketing services industry. In 2012, The Dallas Morning News reported that the Plano, Texas-based Crossmark had 34,000 employees and has an estimated annual revenue of $1 billion. In December 2012, a majority of the company was sold to the private equity firm Warburg Pincus.
Products and services
Crossmark's services include headquarter sales, retail merchandising, in-store data collection, event marketing, retail technology, and retail analytics.
On August 6, 2013, Crossmark agreed to buy Marketing Werks in Chicago. The Marketing Werks deal will contribute to its total annual revenue of nearly $1 billion. Marketing Werks, based in Chicago, provides experiential marketing campaigns for companies in several consumer industries. It will become part of Crossmark Marketing Services, which offers in-store events, experiential marketing, shopper marketing, consumer engagement and field intelligence. Mike Graen has joined CROSSMARK as Vice President/Managing Director for CROSSMARK’s Center for Collaboration in Bentonville, Arkansas.
- "Crossmark Named a Top Technology Innovator". CSPNet. September 27, 2011. Retrieved January 11, 2013.
- "CROSSMARK, MARS Advg. Launch Shopper Marketing Venture". Progressive Grocer. December 12, 2011. Retrieved January 11, 2013.
- "Crossmark to Acquire NCiM". Proressive Grocer. December 1, 2011. Retrieved January 11, 2013.
- "Crossmark quietly makes its mark for big-name brands". Dallas Morning News. August 26, 2012. Retrieved January 11, 2013.
- "Crossmark History". Crossmark.
- "Retailers Face a Customer-Centric Universe: FMI". Supermarket News. April 30, 2013. Retrieved May 9, 2013.
- "Bloomberg Businessweek Company Profile". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved June 24, 2013.
- "Plano-based Crossmark to buy Chicago consumer marketing firm". Retrieved August 6, 2013.
- Halkias, Maria. "Plano-based Crossmark sold to private equity firm Warburg Pincus". Dallas Morning News. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- "Investor Buys Majority Stake in Crossmark". Supermarket News. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- "Crossmark to Buy Marketing Werks". Retrieved August 6, 2013.
- "Mike Graen to Lead CROSSMARK’s Center for Collaboration". Reuters. Retrieved November 7, 2013.
- "Crossmark Named to InformationWeek 500". InformationWeek. Retrieved May 9, 2013.
- "Crossmark Named a Top Technology Innovator". CSPnet.com. Retrieved June 24, 2013.