Crown College (Tennessee)
|The Crown College|
|Motto||"Take the High Road"|
|President||Dr. Clarence Sexton|
|Location||Powell, Tennessee, USA|
|Campus||240 acres (0.97 km2)|
The Crown College, also called Crown College of the Bible, is an Independent Baptist Bible college, seminary, and music conservatory in Powell, Tennessee. The college offers the Bachelor of Biblical Studies degree, with concentrations in pastoral ministry, youth ministry, missions, music ministry and Christian education. The Crown Seminary offers the M.C.E., M.S.M., M.Min., M.B.S., and M.Div. degrees. The college also has auxiliary campuses in Evesham, England, and Fort Worth, Texas.
Crown College opened in 1991, and now has over 900 students. It is a member of the National Christian College Athletic Association, and fields teams in men's basketball, men's soccer, and women's volleyball. The Crown College Choir is a signature of the college, having performed across the United States and the United Kingdom. Its new campus in Powell was formerly a Levi Strauss manufacturing plant that was extensively renovated for use as a college. The new campus employs the neo-classical architectural design.
The Crown College is an Independent Baptist college associated with the Christian fundamentalist movement. The Crown College believes that the Scriptures are inspired and providentially preserved by God and that the Word of God for the English-speaking world is the Authorized Version (King James Version).
Crown College is authorized for operation as a postsecondary educational institution by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission. The college applied to the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACS) in 2011 and was granted "candidate status" in November 2012.
Crown Christian Publications
Crown Christian Publications is based in Crown College, and is a ministry of Temple Baptist Church in Powell. Crown Christian Publications is a small publisher that specializes in books on Christian living and devotionals. Many of the books are written by the college's president, Dr. Clarence Sexton. Crown Christian Publications also publishes "The Baptist Vision", a bi-monthly Baptist magazine.
- Student Enrollment, Graduation and Placement Report, 2008; Crown College of the Bible, Powell, Tennessee, Tennessee Higher Education Commission Division of Postsecondary School Authorization
- Authorized Institutions Data, Tennessee Higher Education Commission website, accessed May 31, 2010
- Crown College Graduate School and Seminary website
- Your Future at Crown College
- SunElCo Awards (website accessed September 22, 2208)
- Temple Baptist Church Statement of Faith
- THEC List of Authorized Postsecondary Institutes in Tennessee
- "Commission Announcements". Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools. November 2012. Retrieved 29 March 2013.
- Crown College (Official Site)
- Crown Christian Publications
- Temple Baptist Church
- Faith for the Family