Crush (Doughboys album)
|Studio album by Doughboys|
|Released||August 3, 1993|
|Recorded||Magic Shop/Baby Monster, New York|
|Genre||Alternative rock, pop-punk|
|Singles from Crush|
Crush is the 1993 album by Montreal pop-punk band Doughboys. Crush was released on A&M records and was produced by Daniel Rey and mixed by Dave Ogilvie. The album earned a number of critical accolades. In 1994 it was nominated for a Juno Award for Best Hard Rock Album. Toronto radio station CFNY-FM listeners voted it the 24th best album of 1993. The single "Shine" off the album was also named by Chart Magazine as number 38 on their 2000 list of Top 50 Canadian Songs Of All-Time., and 189th by CFNY in their 2009 "Top 200 Songs of All Time". "Shine" was also the theme song for MuchMusic's alternative themed show The Wedge during the 1990s.
The album spawned the top 40 hit single "Shine". Co-written with Wiz from Mega City Four, "Shine" also reached #2 on RPM Magazine's Canadian Content Charts in August 1993. In 1994, the single "Neighbourhood Villain" also cracked the top 5 of the Cancon charts.
The album was recorded at the The Magic Shop in New York and mixed at The Warehouse in Vancouver. At the 1994 Juno awards, the album was nominated for the Juno Award for Best Hard Rock Album, but lost to I Mother Earth.
All songs written by Doughboys unless otherwise indicated.
- Shine (Doughboys, Wiz) - 2:40
- Melt - 2:55
- Disposable - 5:14
- Fix Me (Doughboys, Wiz) - 3:06
- Neighbourhood Villain - 4:33
- Shitty Song - 3:39
- Tearin' Away - 3:29
- Treehouse - 3:19
- Everything - 3:22
- Fall - 4:15
- End of the Hall - 3:55
- Summer Song - 4:34
- Artwork By - David Andoff
- Bass, Vocals - Peter Arsenault
- Drums - Paul Newman
- Engineer - Bryce Goggin
- Mastered By - Howie Weinberg
- Mixed By - Dave Ogilvie
- Photography - Andrew MacNaughton
- Producer - Daniel Rey
- Vocals, Guitar - John Kastner, Jonathan Cummins, Wiz
- Allmusic review
- 1994 Juno Awards
- Top 102 Albums of 1993
- Top 50 Canadian Songs Of All-Time
- "Top Albums/CDs - Volume 58, No. 9, September 11, 1993". RPM. Retrieved 2011-12-18.
- Top Albums/CDs - Volume 58, No. 23, December 18 1993
- "Gold Platinum Database: Doughboys - Crush". Canadian Recording Industry Association. Retrieved 2011-12-18.
- Canadian Content (Cancon) - Volume 58, No. 5, August 14 1993
- Canadian Content (Cancon) - Volume 59, No. 14, April 25 1994