|Preceded by||Kelley Thompson|
|Succeeded by||Jaime Faith Edmondson|
April 29, 1986 |
Lake Havasu City, Arizona, U.S.
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Weight||124 lb (56 kg)|
Crystal Hefner (née Harris; born April 29, 1986) is an American-born, British glamour model, singer and television personality. She was the Playboy Playmate of the Month for December 2009. On December 24, 2010, she became engaged to Hugh Hefner, to become his third wife. Harris broke off the engagement on June 14, 2011, five days before their planned wedding. The two reconciled in early 2012 and also married in a small ceremony on December 31, 2012.
Harris' parents were British entertainers, who were working at the England-themed amusement park in Lake Havasu City, Arizona, where she was born. After Harris' birth they returned to England, before returning for good to the United States and settling in San Diego, California, where she and her two elder sisters grew up. Harris was first exposed to the entertainment industry through her late father, Ray Harris, who was a singer and songwriter.
Harris attended La Jolla High School and San Diego State University, majoring in psychology. It was during this period that she started modeling, and came to the attention of the Playboy organization.
Harris met Hugh Hefner on Halloween 2008. She was attending a party at the Playboy mansion, to which she had been invited by a friend. She then appeared as "Co-Ed of the week" on Playboy.com magazine during the week of October 30, 2008, under the name Crystal Carter. From late 2009, Harris has appeared in one of the seasons of E!'s The Girls Next Door reality show.
In April 2010, Harris signed a recording contract with Organica Music Group, a division of Universal Music Group, managed by record producer Michael Blakey. Her debut single "Club Queen" was released on June 14, 2011. Her second single True Harmony was released on March 25, 2013 using her new last name Hefner.
In January 2009 she started dating Hugh Hefner, joining the Shannon Twins after his previous "number one girlfriend," Holly Madison, had ended their 7-year relationship. This was to be the third marriage for Hefner. Harris broke off their engagement on June 14, 2011, five days before their planned wedding. In anticipation of the wedding, the July issue of Playboy, which reached store shelves and customer's homes within days of the wedding date, featured Harris on the cover and a photo spread as well. The headline on the cover read "Introducing America's Princess, Mrs. Crystal Hefner". It was later covered on newsstand issues with a sticker that read "Runaway Bride". On June 1, 2012, it was reported that Harris had reunited with Hefner. She later confirmed it on Twitter. On December 1, 2012, she became engaged once again to Hugh Hefner. On December 31, 2012, Harris and Hefner married at the Playboy Mansion in a small private ceremony.
- Bio at Playboy.com
- "Playmate data". Retrieved 4 January 2011.
- "Hugh Hefner wedding: Playboy mogul marries 26-year-old Crystal Harris in small New Year's Eve ceremony". New York Daily News. January 1, 2012.
- "Reuters: Hugh Hefner Acknowledges Engagement on Twitter". December 26, 2010. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- "Life & Style exclusive: Crystal's other man". June 14, 2011. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- "'Girls Next Door' star Crystal Harris signs record contract".
- Video - "KTLA-Crystal Harris on wedding with Hugh Hefner" May 25, 2011, Harris Playboy web site
- Miller, Korin (January 5, 2009). "Meet Playboy founder Hugh Hefner's other girlfriend, Crystal Hrris". Daily News (New York).
- "To Debut Single 'CLUB QUEEN' on June 14th | Crystal Harris - The Official Site". Crystal Harris. Archived from the original on 2011-03-09. Retrieved 2013-01-25.
- Miller, Korin (January 5, 2009). "NYDailyNewsaccessdate=2009-09-08". Daily News (New York).
- Miller, Korin (October 7, 2008). "'Girls Next Door's' Holly Madison splits with Playboy Hugh Hefner". Daily News (New York).
- Cover. Playboy. July 2011.
- "Twitter / CrystalHarris". Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- "'Meet Mrs Hefner!': Runaway bride Crystal Harris weds Hugh in small ceremony at the Playboy mansion". The Daily Mail. January 1, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Crystal Harris|
- Official website
- Crystal Harris on Twitter
- Crystal Harris at Playboy Wiki
- Crystal Harris at the Internet Movie Database