|Beauty pageant titleholder|
September 25, 1984
|Title(s)||Miss Michigan USA 2005|
|Miss USA 2005|
Hayes, who grew up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan region, is a pageant veteran, having completed in numerous other pageants before winning the Miss Michigan USA crown. Her first placement came in the Miss Michigan Teen USA pageant when she placed in the semi-finals. She returned the following year and placed in the finals in the same pageant.
After taking a year off, Hayes competed in the Miss Michigan USA 2004 pageant in late 2003. She placed fourth runner-up to Stacey Lee of Rochester Hills. The following year Hayes competed again, and won the Miss Michigan USA 2005 title. It was her fourth attempt at a Miss Universe Organization state crown.
During her reign Hayes resided in Novi, Michigan and worked as a cosmetologist in Northville, Michigan. She represented Michigan in the nationally televised Miss USA 2005 pageant broadcast live from Baltimore, Maryland on April 11, 2005.
Hayes, who is partially of Finnish heritage, comes from a successful pageant family. In the same year that she captured her Miss Michigan USA crown, her younger sister Caley placed second runner-up in the Miss Michigan USA pageant.
The following year when Hayes passed on her crown, both Caley and a third sister Cassey competed for the teen title. Caley placed second runner-up for the second year in a row, and Cassey made the semi-finals.
- Busy beauty queen has many irons in the fire, Detroit Free Press, 9 December 2004 (accessed 7 Mary 2006)
- Novi woman vies to be Miss USA, The Daily Oakland Press, 30 March 2005 (accessed 7 May 2006)
- Local woman gears up for Miss USA pageant, The Daily Oakland Press, 15 March 2005 (accessed 7 May 2006)
- Official Miss Michigan USA website
- Crystal Hayes website
- Image Is Design, LLC, Crystal Hayes's business website
|Miss Michigan USA