Reed in July 2013
February 6, 1985 |
Detroit, Michigan, U.S.
Reed was born in Detroit, Michigan and was raised in Roseville, Michigan. She graduated from Roseville High School in 2003. She has one older brother named Corey and was raised in a conservative Catholic family, though she has also stated that she attended a Baptist church growing up. Reed studied dance from an early age and was dance captain in high school. While living in Detroit, she was an active member of her local community theatre and starred in the musicals Annie, Fiddler on the Roof and Grease. She attended Wayne State University and was a part of the Bachelor of Fine Arts program. She moved to Chicago and appeared in a number of local productions. In December 2008, she moved to Hollywood to pursue a screen career.
Since 2011, she has co-starred as Allison Argent, the female lead of the MTV series Teen Wolf. Before Season 3B of Teen Wolf, Reed wanted to move on from the show, do different things and explore other areas of film creatively. She approached executive producer of the show, Jeff Davis, who supported her decision. Reed left the show in March 2014 in the form of Allison Argent's death at the end of Season 3B.
|2011||Crazy, Stupid, Love.||Amy Johnson|
|2010||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Julie||Episode: "Lost & Found"|
|2010||The Hard Times of RJ Berger||Renee||Episode: "The Berger Cometh"|
|2010||Rizzoli & Isles||Natalie||Episode: "She Works Hard for the Money"|
|2010||CSI: NY||Jules Roday||Episode: "Damned If You Do"|
|2011||Drop Dead Diva||Ali||Episode: "He Said, She Said"|
|2011–2014||Teen Wolf||Allison Argent||Main Cast
Awards and nominations
|2013||Young Hollywood Awards||Best Ensemble (shared with Tyler Posey, Crystal Reed, Dylan O'Brien and Tyler Hoechlin)||Teen Wolf||Won|
- Reed, Crystal (June 26, 2013). "Bday". Twitter. Retrieved February 6, 2013.
- Joan Rivers (Host), Crystal Reed (Guest) (August 2, 2013). Fashion Police (TV). E! Entertainment Television.
- Cheney, Alexandra (2011-06-15). "My First Job: 'Teen Wolf's' Crystal Reed". blogs.wsj.com. Retrieved 3 September 2011.
- "Tyler Posey and Crystal Reed Exclusive Interview TEEN WOLF (MTV’s Reboot Airing in 2011)". Collider.com. Retrieved 2015-01-07.
- Michael Jensen (2011-08-15). "“Teen Wolf”’s Crystal Reed: “Nothing Infuriates Me More Than Small-Minded People”". Thebacklot.com. Retrieved 2015-01-08.
- Teen Wolf Cast Bios - Crystal Reed - MuchMusic.com
- Sandra Gonzalez (2014-03-17). "'Teen Wolf' post-mortem: [spoiler] talks about leaving the show -- EXCLUSIVE". Insidetv.ew.com. Retrieved 2015-01-07.
- Andy Swift (2014-03-18). "Teen Wolf's Latest Victim Speaks Out: Why I Asked To Leave the Show". Tvline.com. Retrieved 2015-01-07.
- Allison Takeda (June 28, 2013). "Crystal Reed, Daniel Sharman Break Up: Teen Wolf Costars Split". usmagazine.com. Retrieved August 28, 2014.
- Alicia Vrajlal (June 16, 2014). "'A gift every Thursday': TV star Darren McMullen reveals he keeps love alive by showering girlfriend Crystal Reed with helicopter rides, dinners and romantic trips". dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved August 28, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Crystal Reed.|