|Design firm||SolidRun Ltd.|
December 11, 2011
|Processor||Marvell Armada 510 ARMv7|
|Memory||1 GB DDR3-800MHz|
WMMX / WMMX2 SIMD
vMeta Video Decoder
Vivante GC600 GPU
Two XOR/DMA Engines and PDMA
PMU (Power Management Unit)
|Ports||HDMI 1.3 with CEC
S/PDIF (optical output)
2 x USB 2.0 host ports
1 x eSATA (3 Gbit/sec)
IrDA (InfraRed) receiver
MicroUSB (console only)
MicroSD slot (comes with 2 GB MicroSD SDXC, upgradable to 64 GB)
|Power consumption||3 W @ 5 V/2 A DC|
|Dimensions||55 × 55 × 42 mm|
The CuBox is a small, fanless nettop-class computer manufactured by the Israeli company SolidRun Ltd. It is cube-shaped at only approximately 2 × 2 × 2 inches and weighs 91 grams (0.2 lb, or 3.2 oz). CuBox is the first commercially available desktop computer based on the Marvell Armada 500-series SoC (System-on-Chip), and said to currently be the worlds smallest desktop computer. It was announced in December 2011 and began shipping in January 2012, initially being marketed as a cheap open source developer platform for embedded systems.
CuBox is a low-power ARM architecture CPU based computer, using the Marvell Armada 510 (88AP510) SoC with an ARM v6/v7-compliant superscalar processor core, Vivante GC600 OpenGL 3.0 and OpenGL ES 2.0 capable 2D/3D graphics processing unit, Marvell vMeta HD Video Decoder hardware engine, and TrustZone security extensions, Cryptographic Engines and Security Accelerator (CESA) co-processor.
Despite being just about 2-inch-square device size, the platform can stream and decode 1080p content, use desktop class interfaces such as KDE or GNOME under Linux, all in less than 3 watt and less than 1 watt in standby.
They have also released a series of caseless i.MX6 models called the Humminboard.
- BeagleBoard (and BeagleBone), Cotton Candy, MiniEMBWiFi, PandaBoard, Raspberry Pi, Trim-Slice, Utilite
- http://www.solid-run.com/news/1-cubox-developer-platform-announcement CuBox Developer Platform Announcement
- http://www.myxnews.com/2011/12/solid-run-cubox-worlds-smallest-htpc.html Solid-Run CuBox: World's Smallest HTPC (video)
- http://www.geek.com/articles/chips/cubox-is-a-sexy-ice-cube-sized-arm-computer-20111221/ CuBox is a sexy, ice cube-sized ARM computer
- http://www.crazyengineers.com/cubox-ice-cube-sized-arm-computer-1465/ CuBox – Ice Cube Sized ARM Computer
- http://archive.is/20130128015854/http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/SolidRun-CuBox/ Android-ready ARM mini-HTPC costs $130, uses just three Watts
- http://www.cnx-software.com/2011/12/14/solid-run-cubox-open-source-platform-for-android-tv-media-center-and-nas-development/ Solid-Run CuBox: Open Source Platform for Android TV, Media Center and NAS Development
- http://coburndomain.org/index.php/2011/12/move-raspberry-pi-cubox-enters-fray-1gb-ddr3-ram-dualcore-cpu-hdmi-gbit-lan-cubed-box/ Move over Raspberry Pi: CuBox enters the fray with 1GB DDR3 RAM, dualcore CPU, HDMI, GBit LAN… all inside a cubed box
- http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/12/meet-cubox-a-tiny-arm-powered-media-centre-capable-of-running-ubuntu/ Meet CuBox – A Tiny ARM Powered Media Centre Capable of Running Ubuntu
- http://archive.is/20130128162436/http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Marvell-Armada-100-500-600-and-1000/ Marvell expands range of ARM SoCs
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twEoMYEJls4 XBMC on SolidRun Platform named CuBox
- "CuBox-i Series Release". Retrieved 2014-07-11.
- "CuBox-i Hardware". Retrieved 2014-07-11.
- "Hummingboard Release". Retrieved 2014-07-11.