CubeStormer II is a robot built primarily with Lego Mindstorms and a Samsung Galaxy S2 for solving a Rubik's Cube. The project was commissioned by ARM Holdings and designed and built by Mike Dobson and David Gilday.
CubeStormer II set a Guinness World Record of 5.270s for the fastest robot solving a Rubik's Cube on 11th Nov 2011 in the presence of the editor-in-chief of Guinness World Records in Wired.co.uk's offices in London.
- Eric Limer. "CubeStormer II LEGO Robot Holds Rubik’s Cube World Record". Geekosystem, 10/19/2011.
- Chenda Ngak "Samsung Galaxy S II robot solves Rubik's Cube in seconds". CBS News, 10/17/2011.
- "Lego Robot Beats Human World Record For Solving the Rubik’s Cube!". Singularity Hub, 10/19/2011.
- Andrew Liszewski. "Rubik’s Solving CubeStormer II Finally Bests Humanity". Gizmodo, 10/17/2011.
- Duncan Geere. "Video: CubeStormer II robot beats Rubik's Cube speed record". Wired (magazine), 11/11/2011.