|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011)|
Logo of Cube Entertainment
|Genre||K-pop, dance-pop, electropop, motorpop, teen pop|
|Founded||2006 (as Playcube Inc.)|
|Founder||Hong Seung-sung (Simon Hong)
Shin Jung-hwa (Monica Shin)
|Headquarters||Seoul, South Korea|
|Hong Seung-sung (Co-Founder and CEO)
Choi Jin-ho (CEO, A Cube)
Shin Jung-hwa (Co-Founder and CEO, Music Cube)
Hong Seung-sung (22.08%)
Universal Music Group (11.11%)
Shin Young-joon (Michael Shin) (6.33%)
|Subsidiaries||A Cube Entertainment
Cube DC (100%)
Music Cube, Inc.
Cube Japan, Inc.
Cube Entertainment (Korean:큐브 엔터테인먼트) is a South Korean record label, founded in 2006 by Hong Seung-sung and Monica Shin. They made a strategic alliance with iHQ on September 17, 2013. Cube owns A-Cube Entertainment and Cube DC. The label's music is distributed by Universal Music Korea, CJ E&M Music and Live and LOEN Entertainment.
- 1 History
- 2 Recording Artists
- 3 Composers
- 4 Choreographers
- 5 Comedians
- 6 Notable trainees
- 7 Former artists
- 8 Notable former trainees
- 9 Discography
- 10 Concerts
- 11 See also
- 12 References
- 13 External links
Cube Entertainment was founded in 2006 by Hong Seung-sung (aka Simon Hong), former president of JYP Entertainment, and Shin Jung-hwa (Monica Shin). Due to the founder's past relations, Cube is sometimes mistaken as a subsidiary of JYP Entertainment, however, it is an independent corporation. A-Cube Entertainment, founded in 2011, was its first subsidiary company.
Cube artists include 4Minute, Beast, BtoB, G.NA, Rain and Roh Ji Hoon. A-Cube's current roster consists of Huh Gak and APink . Cube DC artists consist of Shin Ji-Hoon and M4M. M4M is a group trained in collaboration with Chinese company Xing Tian and will promote in China. Comedian Kim Kiri, a regular cast member on Gag Concert, signed onto Cube in September 2012, making him the first comedian under the label.
In 2013, it was announced that Rain signed a contract with Cube Entertainment. He officially joined after he concluded his military service on July 10, 2013. On October 15, 2013, Cube DC released a digital single for an a new soloist artist, Shin Ji-hoon who had placed in the top 6 for K-pop Star 2. She is also a figure skater and plans on having joint careers in both figure skating and singing. Another new soloist, Oh Ye-ri, was signed by Cube and released her debut digital single, "Because of You" on November 6, 2013. She was the winner of Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation (MBC)'s MBC College Song Festival in 2009.
A Cube Entertainment
- S. Tiger
- Rain (entertainer) *
- Yong Jun-hyung (Team GoodLife) *
- Kim Tae Joo (Team GoodLife)
- Lee Sang Ho
- Choi Kyu Sung
- Lee Gi-kwang *
- Roh Ji-hoon *
- Lim Hyun-sik (singer) *
- Brave Brothers
- Jeon Ji-yoon *
- G.NA *
- Park Chorong *
- Jung Il-hoon *
Note: Composers which are marked are all contracted with Cube Enterteinment
- Prepix (mostly BEAST's choreographer)
- Kim So-ae (Previously appeared on K-Pop Star Hunt Season 1)
- Chonnasorn Sajakul (Sorn) (Winner of K-Pop Star Hunt Season 1, Featured in G.NA's English International album "Oui")
- Oh Seung-hee (Sang an OST for Plus Nine Boys with BTOB's Yook Sungjae)
- Ryan Tan (Transferred from FNC Entertainment, third place in Kpop Scout Singapore 2014.
- Andy Su (Transferred from FNC Entertainment, Winner of Kpop Star Hunt 3.
- Eddie Shin (Now a member of Aziatix under ASTAR Inc.)
- Young Jee (Now under Hoyaspotainment)
- Yookyung (Former A Pink member, Now studying in the United States)
Notable former trainees
- Kang Jihyun (Soyou) (Now under Starship Entertainment as a member of Sistar)
- Ahn Jaehyo (Now under Seven Seasons Entertainment as a member of Block B)
- Lee Minwoo (T.K) (Now under Yedang Entertainment as a member of C-Clown)
- Choi Sunwoo (Dabin) (Now under Universal Music Korea as a member of Boys Republic)
- Choi Bitna (Ashley) (Now under Polaris Entertainment as the leader of Ladies' Code)
- Qin Fen (Roi) (Now under JK Space Entertainment as a member of Legend)
- Ryu Jaehyuk (Now under JK Space Entertainment as a member of Legend)
- Kim Minjun (Lito) (Now under JK Space Entertainment as a member of Legend)
- Lee Changsun (Now under JK Space Entertainment as a member of Legend)
- Jirayu Tangsrisuk (James) (Now an actor in Thailand)
- Chen Xuedong (Now an actor in China)
- Kim Tae Woo (Kasper) (Now a professional dancer and featured as main dancer in SNSD's "MR.MR" MV)
- 2011: United Cube Concert (Korea, Japan, United Kingdom, Brazil, & USA)
- 2013: United Cube Concert (Korea & Japan)
- Andre Paine (January 5, 2010). "UMG Partners With Korean K-Pop Firm". Billboard. Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- serendipity (November 6, 2013). "Cube's new singer-songwriter Oh Ye Ri releases 'Because of You' MV". allkpop. Retrieved November 7, 2013.
- (Korean) Cube Entertainment
- (Korean) A Cube Entertainment
- (Korean) Music Cube Inc
- (Japanese) Cube Japan Inc