Cucamonga, Rancho Cucamonga, California
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (October 2008)|
School districts in Cucamonga include Cucamonga School District and Central School District. Some schools in the CSD also serve Ontario, California.
- Central Elementary School
- Cucamonga Elementary School
- Los Amigos Elementary School
- Bear Gulch Elementary School
- The Ontario Center School
- Coyote Canyon Elementary School
- Dona Merced Elementary School
- Cucamonga Middle School
- Valle Vista Elementary School
- Rancho Cucamonga Middle School
- Ruth Musser Middle School
Residents in Southern Cucamonga are zoned to Chaffey High School in Ontario as residents in Northern Cucamonga are zoned to Alta Loma High School.
Historically, the community was home to an estimated 1,000 Chinese employed in the agricultural industry in the turn of the 20th century, but the only remnant of the era before all the Chinese moved away is the China House along San Bernardino Road still stands abandoned and fenced. http://www.pe.com/localnews/stories/PE_News_Local_N_nhistory25.3ef35ff.html
Cucamonga has the highest crime rate out of the Etiwanda and Alta Loma districts, Template:Uniform Crime Report; April 2009 The crime rate is due in part because of the freeway access to the community.