|Elevation||423 ft (129 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1496864|
Cuckoo is a small unincorporated community in Louisa County, Virginia, United States. It is located about eight miles southeast of Louisa, roughly between Charlottesville and Richmond. The Cuckoo Tavern stood nearby, which in 1781 was the beginning of Jack Jouett's ride to warn the Colonists of the arrival of Banastre Tarleton's British cavalry (similar to Paul Revere's Ride). There was also a large house named Cuckoo built in 1819 for Henry Pendleton on the former property of William Overton Callis. A historical marker is at the spot. Its post office  has been closed.
The tavern was named for the cuckoo clock on the wall, supposedly one of the first in Virginia.
On Tuesday August 23, 2011, at 1:51 PM ET a magnitude 5.8 earthquake was recorded 2.4 mi (3.9 km) SW of Cuckoo on the western bank of Indian Creek. It was felt from Atlanta, Georgia to Quebec City, Quebec, Canada and as far west as Cincinnati, Ohio.
- 1st aftershock was a magnitude 2.8 aftershock, which occurred at 2:46 PM ET on Tuesday August 23, 2011 2295 ft (699.6 m) south of the larger magnitude 5.8 earthquake, also on the western bank of Indian Creek.
- 2nd magnitude 4.2 aftershock occurred at 8:04 PM ET on Tuesday August 23, 2011 2 mi (3.2 km) south of the original magnitude 5.8 earthquake on the western bank of the South Anna River.
- 3rd magnitude 3.4 aftershock occurred at 12:45 AM ET on Wednesday August 24, 2011 5.5 mi (8.8 km) SW of Cuckoo north of the 378 block on Old Mountain Rd (State Route 640)
- 4th magnitude 2.5 aftershock occurred at 12:06 AM ET on Thursday August 25, 2011 5.2 mi (8.4 km) SW of Cuckoo on Old Mountain Rd (State Route 640) between the 378 block and Shannon Hill Rd (State Route 605)
- 5th magnitude 4.5 aftershock occurred at 1:07 AM ET on Thursday August 25, 2011 4733.5 ft (1.4 km) SE of Cuckoo SE on Indian Creek Rd (State Route 699) between Cross County Rd (US 522) and Jefferson Hwy (US 33)
- 6th magnitude 3.2 aftershock occurred at 6:39 PM ET on Monday January 30, 2012 4.7 mi (7.5 km) SE of Cuckoo just off Yanceyville Rd (State Route 646)