|Big Finish Productions audio play|
|Release number||Doctor Who Magazine special|
|Executive producer(s)||Jason Haigh-Ellery,
|Release date||March 2008|
Cuddlesome is a Big Finish Productions audio drama based on the long-running British science fiction television series Doctor Who. It was released free with issue 393 of Doctor Who Magazine. This has Peter Davison playing the Doctor.
Despite the companion-like role played by Roberta Taylor's character, Angela Wisher, her status as companion is disputed. Roberta Taylor also appears in the Big Finish audio play 'The Holy Terror' as a side character, Berengeria.
The Fifth Doctor arrives on earth, to discover that Cuddlesomes - pink, vampire, hamster-like toys from the 1980s - are attacking people. He meets Angela Wisher, whose boyfriend (John Dixon) was attacked by his old Cuddlesome, and they investigate at the "White Elephant", the warehouse in which the Cuddlesomes are made. The Doctor discovers that a journalist, Miranda Evenden, has turned into a kind of Tinghus hybrid. The Tinghus is the one behind the attacks, and he destroys Ronald Turvey's Cuddlesomes and makes new, American-voiced, evil Cuddlesomes (Mark 2s). The Doctor, Angela, Ronald and the just recovered John try to stop the Cuddlesome plan. With Ronald's new army of Cuddlesomes and the Tinghus's Cuddlesomes, a war starts.
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Angela Wisher - Roberta Taylor
- Ronald Turvey - Timothy West
- The Tinghus - David Troughton
- John Dixon / New Cuddlesomes - Matthew Noble
- Miranda Evenden / Old Cuddlesomes / Dr Cooper / Vehicle - Kate Brown
- Newsreader - Nicholas Briggs
- David Troughton, who plays the Tinghus, is the son of Second Doctor actor Patrick Troughton.
- Also included on the CD is a 'director's cut' of Part One of The Mutant Phase.
- This audio drama is based on an earlier Audio Visuals story of the same name.
|This Doctor Who-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|