Culture, Society and Masculinities
|Culture, Society and Masculinities|
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
Men's Studies Press (USA)
|Frequency||2 times a year:
Culture, Society and Masculinities is a peer-reviewed journal first published in early 2009 as the fifth published by Men's Studies Press.
Culture, Society and Masculinities complements the field's pioneering and longest running journal, The Journal of Men's Studies. It specifically provides a forum for emergent explorations of themes and scales larger than the strictly psychological, and of perspectives that aim to situate local (micro-ethnographic) findings in broader historical, political and/or sociological frameworks. This means cultural and cross-cultural psychological projects do fit the aims of this new journal. It especially invites work that rethinks or elaborates existing ideas and concepts of globalization and regionalization. Priority is given to reviews and critical discussions either of theory development or policy trends. Areas of research include:
- cultural psychology
- cross-cultural and trans-cultural studies
- cultural, social, historical, comparative and philosophical anthropology
- ethnic studies
- postcolonial studies
- international conflict studies
- gender policy studies
- social/human geography
- media studies; and
- (art) historical studies.
- Janssen, Diederik. International guide to literature on masculinity: a bibliography. MPS, March 2008. ISBN 978-1-931342-17-9 (pbk. : alk. paper) -- ISBN 978-1-931342-18-6 (electronic)
|This article about a journal on gender studies is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about academic journals. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.