|Industry||Networking software, Cloud Networking|
|Headquarters||Mountain View, California, USA|
|Key people||JR Rivers, CEO,
Nolan Leake, CTO,
Dinesh Dutt, Chief Scientist,
Reza Malekzadeh, VP of Business,
Jason Martin, VP of Customer Experience,
Shrijeet Mukherjee, VP of Software Engineering
|Products||Operating System for Switches|
Cumulus Networks is a computer software company headquartered in Mountain View, California, USA. The company designs and sells a Linux operating system for industry standard network switches to deliver networking solutions for large datacenter, cloud computing, and enterprise environments.
Cumulus Networks was founded by JR Rivers and Nolan Leake in 2010. The company raised a first round of seed funding in 2012. Cumulus Networks emerged publicly in June 2013 after previously operating in stealth mode.  . The company is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Battery Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Peter Wagner and 4 of the 5 original VMware founders.
- Cumulus Linux - a Linux Operating System for industry standard switch hardware. Cumulus claims that its Switch operating system is different from other network Operating Systems because it is Linux.
- Stacey Higginbotham (March 5, 2012). "The lowdown on stealth startup Cumulus Networks". GigaOM.
- Deborah Gage (June 19, 2013). "Bringing Linux to Networking, Cumulus Publicly Emerges". The Wall Street Journal.
- Paul Venezia (June 19, 2013). "Cumulus Networks unveils 'Cisco killer'".
- Greg Ferro (June 19, 2013). "Cumulus Networks Casts a Shadow On Cisco Strategy".
- Jack Clark (June 20, 2013). "Cumulus sighting means storm coming for Cisco".
- "Cumulus Networks™ Brings The Power Of Linux® To Networking". June 19, 2013.
- "Cumulus Networks Investors".
- "Cumulus Linux Overview".