|Studio album by Steve Hackett|
|Genre||Progressive rock, pop rock|
|Label||Charisma Records (United Kingdom)
Epic Records (United States)
|Producer||John Acock, Steve Hackett, and Nick Magnus|
|Steve Hackett chronology|
Cured is the fifth solo album from former Genesis guitarist Steve Hackett. Prior to recording Cured, Hackett disbanded the group with which he recorded Spectral Mornings and Defector. Only Hackett's brother, John, and keyboardist Nick Magnus remained from that band.
The album is largely a collaboration between Hackett and Magnus. All drum parts were provided by a drum machine, programmed by Magnus, and all lead vocals were performed by Hackett. Although there are distinct elements of progressive rock on Cured, the album is much more pop-oriented than Hackett's previous efforts.
The cover photo was taken by Kim Poor.
All songs written by Steve Hackett.
- "Hope I Don't Wake" – 3:48
- "Picture Postcard" – 3:55
- "Can't Let Go" – 5:43
- "The Air-Conditioned Nightmare" – 4:42
- "Funny Feeling" – 4:07
- "A Cradle of Swans" – 2:49
- "Overnight Sleeper" – 4:37
- "Turn Back Time" – 4:23
2007 Remaster Bonus Tracks
- "Tales of the Riverbank" - 2:00
- "Second Chance" - 2:00
- "The Air-Conditioned Nightmare (Live)" - 4:08
- Steve Hackett - guitar, bass, vocals
- Nick Magnus - keyboards, drum machine
- John Hackett - flute, bass pedals
Album - Billboard (North America)
- Platts, R. "Cured - Steve Hackett | AllMusic". allmusic.com. Retrieved 25 July 2011.